My life has taken an upward turn since I left suicideforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was member here 1.5 years ago. Like everyone else, I was very desperate and attempted suicide. After the failed attempt, I decided to give my life another chance. I had struggled for a while to get on until I made up my mind that I wanted to alternate my memory. I believe the way I remember what happened in the past shapes the depressing way I see things in the present and subsequently dictate my future. To quote Marcel Proust, "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.". I gave up on taking refugee in some make-believe "it-will-get-better" optimism and tried to really see things for what it were, hoping for a peace of mind. I want to know why while I don't live a terribly difficult life and am relatively capable, I still have virtually every emotional defect one person can have.

My life takes a turn after I dove into the memory literature. I found some memory techniques that although, unfortunately but obviously, doesn't have any effect on my past changes how I take in new information. To an extreme extent, I now can remember a randomly shuffled deck of cards in under a minute. But it's not about remembering a deck of cards. It's about solidifying my sense of psychological time, building memory palaces that can shield me from emotional upheaval and creating mnemonic images that serve as both mental gatekeepers and inspirations. I was able to get back on track again. opening a business and all.

I guess there is no scientific ground for what I'm experiencing, but I still want to show my gratitude suicideforum for everything and I'll try to document my personal experiment with memory techniques here so that I can get your feedbacks and maybe legitimize into some way of living and feeling that makes sense to people in crisis. People like ourselves...

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
There is much truth to the notion that we are what we perceive...I will be very interested to learn more and thanks so much for coming back and sharing with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00