My life is falling apart

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

My girlfriend dumped me a week ago, I'm still in love with her. I think about her all the time, I want her back more than anything in the world but I know it won't happen. She thinks I'm 'a psycho'. I want to hate her, but I can't. I love her too much.

Everyone is making a big deal out of me not eating anything. Doctors think I have a disorder, all my friends keep going on about it when I wish they'd just leave me alone.

I'm smoking weed every day now. I need it to feel even remotely happy, and it's still only for a couple of hours maximum. I'm spending too much money on it, but there's no other way to make me feel okay.

I'm addicted to smoking cigarettes as well, I need to quit. I get a hard time from quite a few people because of that. And it doesn't help that I'm not eating.

And because of all this, I'm behind on my college work. If I don't get 2 essays in for tomorrow, I risk being kicked out. So I have to do work and go to college despite the fact I'm really ill and I have all this emotional shit right now.

It's not getting better. It's only getting worse and worse.
  2. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

You have a LOT on your plate. And I don't blame you one bit for feeling overwhelmed.

May I ask what your essays are about?

I know how emotional upset can turn our entire world upside down. And being nagged by people--no matter how good their intentions are--just doesn't help. It sounds like you need some kind of lifeline at the moment. Is therapy an option for you?

Let us know how you're getting along.

3. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

any way you can take some time out of college? i was out of college for 2 months and all my tutors were really understanding, even though in the end i decided to leave they were still willing to take me back if i wanted to continue with my courses, despite the fact i wasn't exactly a straight A student. if you can take some time out, it will relieve the essay pressures and give you time to recover mentally from what you've been dealing with as of late. feel free to pm me at anytime, i'm always willing to listen and offer any advice i can. xxx
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Have you talked to any of the tutors at your college about how you are feeling. You may be able to get an extension for any work you need to do. That could temporarily take some of the pressure off you although you will have to catch up later. Most tutors are very understanding about these things if they know what is going on. Their job is to help you. Many students have stress related and emotional problems and this is well understood within the field of education. I know this because I worked as a tutor in a local college for several years. If you let them know whats going on they should be able to help. Don't bullshit them though because they will know.
    Sorry to hear about the split with your g/f but if she can't cope with how you feel then maybe you are better off looking for someone else. I know that may sound hard but again I've had similar experiences. Best wishes,S.
  5. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can talk to my tutors at college, I need some time to catch up with my work and to get rid of this illness. I'm trying to deal with one problem at a time, my ex coming last. I still want her back, it's just hard to realise it probably won't happen.
  6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

the only cure is time, but blazing is not bad... though it doesnt help your case sicne your in college
  7. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

Nobody gets over a breakup in a week. It gets better!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.