my life is just hell.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by brock1990, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brock1990

brock1990 New Member

I finally got a job after months of unemployment. Four days in and i crush my foot under a car lift. All my friends pretty much abandon me. My girlfriend is pretty much pissed at me. My foot hurts. I dont know if im going to be able to keep it depending if it heals right. And on top of it all L & i is giving me grief when i didnt even cause it. I have no idea how im going to maake my bills my relationship with the greatest woman ive ever had is going to hell and none of my friends are around anymore. I dont know what to do right now.

I feel so alone
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry that life is giving you such a hard time, has the accident lost you your job?
    Why is your girlfriend pissed at you, not the accident surely?
    Can you claim any compensation for the accident, at least that would pay the bills?
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Brock, First I want to say, You are not alone. not in here anyways, I am sorry you are hurting, I'm sorry that everything seems to be going poorly, first thing you have to do it take a deep breath and try to get calm, I know it's hard, I know it will take you a while but you will and you can. There is somebody around all the time in here you don't have to be alone at all. I am Leigh, I would like to welcome you here. The are a lot of people that will to be willing to talk with you or just listen if you want to talk or just look around the site for a while. When you feel a little more comfortable ask someone if you have any questions
  4. nararabbit

nararabbit Active Member

Hi Brock!

My husband got chronic nerve damage from a car accident he got into on his way to his first day of work! So I definitely understand. Please forgive your girlfriend for her frustration; I know it is not my husband's fault but I still get very stressed sometimes at the bills (he just went back to work today, in fact, after 7 years!) My frustration at the situation boiled over and I took it out on him sometimes, but I still love him very much. Even though you are hurting, do your best to make sure she knows she's loved and appreciated. I'm guessing you have to be off your foot, so do little things for her as you're able, such as giving her a back massage, brushing her hair (my favorite!), and giving her little handmade love notes. No doubt she is very scared right now and the future looks bleak (Will he always be hurt?)

It can be hard to be around someone fighting with depression and suicidal thoughts. In a way it's a very narcissistic disease! Make it a goal to reach out to one friend a day or a week to start with, and ask them how their life is going. Work on being happy for their successes, no matter how hard it is at first. Focusing on others will distract you a little from your own pain, and as you show an interest and caring in them, they will begin to come back around. some may not, but they were never really true friends in the first place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.