my life is like my sports team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadguy33

Banned Member
I have a crappy life but I do however watch sports my teams like me suck at life today. A team of mine has been failing its whole time of existense finally started to do something against the hyped pretty superstar team but its not enough when in the end no matter how hard the blue collar team is the pretty team that was built from money will always win. Now I'm not here to gripe about my sports team but it seems kind of like a metaphor in my life. No matter how hard I try the person who is naturally gifted will always win. That is just the way it is. I'm sorry I've been depressed and watching my sports team(that was giving me my only hapiness lately) completely folded. Sorry if you guys don't get it or what I'm trying to say I'm just venting.

And yet, with what sounds like much and frequent defeat, that team keeps on trying; keeps playing. I think that there's a good lesson to be learned from them. Despite the fact that the big dollar team made up of what are probably high paid, motivation driven, selectively skilled players... your team continues forward, game after defeat-ridden game. Why do they go on? Perhaps they enjoy the game itself and winning is secondary to that? Perhaps they feel that if they keep on trying, one day they'll rise above and start knocking out the home runs (or whatever sport that it is and as is applicable). Perhaps we all are in a sort of sport, the game of living. We go on because we each find our little nuances from which we derive some kind of pleasure and/or satisfaction. Perhaps, like your team, we won't give up.

sadguy33

Banned Member
And yet, with what sounds like much and frequent defeat, that team keeps on trying; keeps playing. I think that there's a good lesson to be learned from them. Despite the fact that the big dollar team made up of what are probably high paid, motivation driven, selectively skilled players... your team continues forward, game after defeat-ridden game. Why do they go on? Perhaps they enjoy the game itself and winning is secondary to that? Perhaps they feel that if they keep on trying, one day they'll rise above and start knocking out the home runs (or whatever sport that it is and as is applicable). Perhaps we all are in a sort of sport, the game of living. We go on because we each find our little nuances from which we derive some kind of pleasure and/or satisfaction. Perhaps, like your team, we won't give up.
I like that thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$175.00
Goal
$255.00