my life is over, or is it

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
as most of you know i have issues. i have been close to suicide three times, and im grateful that i didn't. i have found out that no matter how bad things get it can usually get better at least a little better. i also found that even a little joy or hope goes a long way emotionally.
i am at the point if i go of natural causes ok but i'm going to try to live, but to live we need some quality of life. here is what makes me keep going:

my wife
my kids
my 64 dodge
my friends on sf
and i just want to keep seeing more of life

what is it that makes you keep going.

Thauoy

as most of you know i have issues. i have been close to suicide three times, and im grateful that i didn't. i have found out that no matter how bad things get it can usually get better at least a little better. i also found that even a little joy or hope goes a long way emotionally.
i am at the point if i go of natural causes ok but i'm going to try to live, but to live we need some quality of life. here is what makes me keep going:

my wife
my kids
my 64 dodge
my friends on sf
and i just want to keep seeing more of life

what is it that makes you keep going.
Hey @1964dodge . I feel the same as you do. Please don't lose hope. I pray that you feel better soon. And what are the things that makes me going?
(1) Fear of afterlife. According to our Hindu religion and philosophy, those who commited suicide never get moksha (salvation). And they have to wander as ghosts or spirits for a very long time. They are neither given entry into heaven nor allowed to return to earth. They get stuck in between.They end up enduring far more suffering than the suffering on earth. I think most other religions also condemned suicide. A person who die by suicide will never get peace afterwards.That's is the reason I am afraid of suicide. Because I am tired of enduring suffering and don't want to endure more.
(2) Another thing that makes me going is my mother and sister. They will be devastated and no one to look after them if I commited suicide.
(3) Hope for a better future. I think my life may or may not get change in the future.
(4) For my SF friends.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Everyday I have yo remind myself. Mostly it's the moments that I realize after the fact that I would've missed if I wasn't here and went through with my plan to end it.

Might be a shared laugh with my daughter, a hug from my son, a minute of feeling that my future will be secure, seeing a good movie

To be honest, I'm still not fully convinced staying here, alive is what my outcome will be. I just need to make sure that my children won't be scared. I do feel that I've lived my life and I'm not convinced its worth living. At other times I'm grateful to be able to breathe air and not be underground.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00