My life is ruined by terrible addiction already

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Goonchild, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goonchild

Goonchild New Member

yeah so this is kinda a last resort... gambling is a horrible thing to start, and since i have started i end up hating myself everynight, i have full blown arguments inside my own head telling me not to continue, and i still do.. this is hard earned money just being thrown away, i really dont think i can go on anymore, i would much rather give my money (what is left) to a family member or charity as i can already not forgive myself how deep i am in.. this is not a cry for help. my mind is made up, i just want to warn all you young people never to start the devils game.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey you have an illness like so many addictions it is hard to break I think you should give control over your finances to someone you trust to help you keep control. If someone had power of attorney over your earnings they could help you not spend so much. hugs
  3. kote

kote Account Closed

i have the same problem with gambling.
    i get the rush whether i win or lose. that rush is hard to escape.
    admitting you have a problem is a start. usually its too late when you identify it as a problem and youre deep in debt.
    but the best way to break it and get away is to hand over control to someone else. thats what ive done. its really frustrating and temptation is always there and always will be. but you wont be up and down as you are when you gamble. its great when you win but on average you will lose and then you fall. being suicidal makes it playing with fire, if i lose i feel so guilty that im ready to commit. im sure youve been there to. so for safety hand over control to someone else. take care!!!
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think there is a gambler's anonymous out there, would you be interested in something like that?
  5. kote

kote Account Closed

there isnt a gamblers annonymous here. gambling is supposed to be illegal except in certain cases. its a very wierd system!!! but for the sake of my family i must quit!!! i quit beer and sweet food for my diabetic health and so im sure i can beat it. best thing i can do is get myself banned from all places by giving them a call.
  6. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Addictions are horrible things.... sucks to repeatedly turn to what we feel is destroying us for comfort

Debt is not an easy thing to escape, but it is fixable.

Start by making a financial plan on how you are going to get out First pay your bills, then set X dollars aside to pay off the debt, and X aside for emergency if you can.

As others have stated there are support group for gambling addicts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.