My life just got worse.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by X-Vendetta, Sep 2, 2008.

1. X-Vendetta

X-Vendetta Member

My life just got worse. My Grandad, only 59, recently died of cancer. :blub: I'm happy that he's gone to a better place but I don't have many memories of him not looking sick.

I wrote him a poem and gave it to my parents to give to him, I hope he could understand it with all that morphine inside of him. :blub: I don't know if I said goodbye right.

I saw him in hospital and gave him a hug but I didn't know what to say... :blub:
    I even feel guilty because my brother mentions how he misses him so much, and there's times I'm not even thinking of him.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Im so sorry for your loss hun :hug: It was very thoughtful of you to write him a poem, I'm sure he loved it. stay strong hun
  3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I'm sorry for your loss, cancer is horrible. It was really nice of you to write him a poem, and I'm sure he appreciated it loads.

Take care and stay strong :hug:
  4. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

I can understand your pain, its hard - does not matter how they go, quick or slow, it still rips your heart appart, I am sure he loves your poem and as you say, he is more comfortable and no longer in pain

I am sorry to hear of your loss
  5. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Sad that he passed away so young. Best of luck to you and your family coping with this terrible loss. Good luck.
  6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Not thinking about it constantly is your brain's way of protecting you psychologically. You obviously cared about him a great deal and the important thing is that he knew that. Feeling guilty because you don't spend every waking minute thinking of him has nothing to do with your love for him. When people close to us die, we ALL feel guilty for one thing or another. You loved him and he knew it/knows it. That is enough. :hug: