My life offers nothing.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by reynard_muldrake, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reynard_muldrake

reynard_muldrake Well-Known Member

It's true. I have many reasons to die, but no reason whatsoever to continue living.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so sorry you are feeling this way...can you tell us what is going on for you? I am sure many people here can relate

3. reynard_muldrake

I'm not as smart or talented as I'd like to be. Not even close. Making friends is hard; finding ones who stay has been futile. Of course, maybe that's for the best. Lately I find myself having nothing to say.

Overall, I look back on my life and think of all the missed opportunities/things I wish I had done. Nothing can make up for all the unhappiness and disappointment I've endured over the past few years.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

We cannot go backward to the past, but we can use it to gain lessons. You look back and see missed opportunities, but now you can determine why you missed those things so that you can modify how you handle situations going forward. You say your life offers nothing, but you have to create what it offers. Learn from the past and go forward with a heart to achieve rather than accepting and not learning from it.

5. Ringfinger I wish I could give you a hug in person. I am just so sorry your feeling this way. I know family and friends may tell you don't feel that way but they are feelings, you cannot help that. But please know one thing. I have no talent, I am not particularly good at anything I don't have a great career but there must be a purpose for me. Right now I am suffering badly as my Sister killed herself at Christmas. I am feeling so much a failure right now. Please know that while your suffering your not alone.

6. reynard_muldrake

I did see your post. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. There will come a time when the guilt, pain, etc. won't be so pervasive. Hopefully you'll reach that point soon. Try to treat yourself kindly--guilt and shame aren't things you deserve to feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.