my life

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by rachypooh, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachypooh

rachypooh Well-Known Member

i am an addict, i am an alcoholic.
    i am attempting to go into rehab but it is hard for people my age. i have one last shot but i have to have surgery before i can go

I have been drinking and using since i was 12, i dont know what to do about it anymore. it has taken up almost half of my life.

what the hell am i meant to do???
    i was clean off of everything when i found out about the last baby, but i still lost him, so i went back to it. even the slightest challenge and i go back to what i know
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

You go back to what you know because its an old habit... and in this case the saying is true: old habits die hard. It doesnt mean its impossible to break habits though.

I wish I had something to say that could take it all away and make it all better. But that's impossible... so instead I'll say that I hope that you manage to get into rehab, it'd be a positive step for ya.

On a side note... haven't seen you in ages and ages... I was wondering how you were. :hug:

3. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

have you thought about alcohoics anonymous... the only requirment is a desire to stop drinking, so even if you are still drinking you can go. you could hit some meetings while you wait for rehab. you wont be judged, but you will be welcomed
  4. rachypooh

rachypooh Well-Known Member

It's confirmed I enter the 'Teen Challenge' Living Free Program in Waikerie, South Australia on the 13th of May 2007, for a twelve month rehabilitation program, not only working on substance abuse.
    It is about a month away, due to me going into hospital next week to have a couple of surgeries done before I can leave, then I have to have recovery time before I can even risk travelling the 7-8 hours to Waikerie.

I have not touched a drop of alcohol since being where I am, and no drugs of any sort, excluding perscription medication has entered my body. I am trying this one last time by myself, I lasted 2 months last time, plus I can't have that sort of stuff in my when I go into hospital for surgery coz it could stuff up the aneshtetic, so not willing to risk it just yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.