My List of Blessings

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yesterday I posted my list of failures as I was really feeling sorry for myself.

Someone responded that next time I should post a list of positive things. And that got me thinking, that I do have to be greatful for.

Here's my list of blessings.

Saved from the curse of alcoholism (at least for now)
    Marriage reconciled
    2 great kids
    I have 2 jobs.
    I still have a working car.
    I have been able to revive my music career.
    I perform in front of a thousand people every week.
    I am above ground.
    Spaghetti and Meatballs
    My soul has been restored and I have been reconciled with God.

I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of at the moment.
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Good for you! I like this list much better! :D

I think for most people; the 'great kid' aspect makes up for alot.
    And FOOD, of course!! :stars:
  3. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

well done, not sure if i could do this. i think being able to recognize not only the negative but also the positive things about yourself can be a big step in the right direction
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks. But the way I am feeling, I think I like the first list better, right now.
  5. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Surprisingly, one of the main blessings is the realization that you must Not love. Why? Well, because several years ago when I became infatuated with a lady, its lack of reciprocation led only to agonizing heartbreak. It's not only me. Because I see many others on this very forum whose infatuations have led them to the brink of suicide.

Instead of love, it's better to just cultivate friendships, but do Not feel emotions, otherwise it will destroy you. This then is my not love, to blank my mind to emotions. As a result, I can attain peace of mind.