My little cat died today

JB107

My little cat Coco, who was always there for me, had to be put down today after suffering another stroke. I miss her dearly and, as pathetic as it sounds, I don't know what I'll do without her.

That's awful news, I'm sorry that this happened.
I miss her dearly and, as pathetic as it sounds, I don't know what I'll do without her.
It's not pathetic. For a lot of people, the bond that you have with a pet is a lot stronger than the ones that you have with humans. If you have a relative that you never see, or you lose someone that you've had a lot of conflict with, the loss might not be nearly as intense as with a pet that you've seen every day for years and have a positive affectionate relationship with.

How old was she, and how long did you have her?

I should mention my beloved cat Oscar died 14 years ago and I still miss him. He was so very affectionate and extraverted and everyone loved him. He was a long-haired tuxedo cat. It absolutely ripped my heart out when he died. Look after yourself and be gentle with yourself and remember Coco wouldn't want you to hurt. She loved you and knew you loved her. I really hope we meet them again in a pleasant afterlife - I wish to see Oscar as much as any human. He used to annoy me with constantly wanting to be ON me - in my lap or lying on my chest when I was in bed. My current cats aren't lap sitters and I miss that so much although they are affectionate in other ways.

JB107

That's awful news, I'm sorry that this happened.

It's not pathetic. For a lot of people, the bond that you have with a pet is a lot stronger than the ones that you have with humans. If you have a relative that you never see, or you lose someone that you've had a lot of conflict with, the loss might not be nearly as intense as with a pet that you've seen every day for years and have a positive affectionate relationship with.

How old was she, and how long did you have her?
She was 15.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
I send you heartfelt *hugs for your loss as pets with their unconditional love, antics, quirks, and affection always have a special place in our hearts and lives. I hope that your heart mind and soul are filled with special memories of little Coco and bring you some comfort.

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
My little cat Coco, who was always there for me, had to be put down today after suffering another stroke. I miss her dearly and, as pathetic as it sounds, I don't know what I'll do without her.
That is so sad. I will cry with you. I love cats. My family has always had cats and I know how hard it is to lose them. But there is an animal Heaven and your cat is safe there. You will see him/her again.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00