My Love for Johnny, my son

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by jimk, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

My Love for Johnny, my son

We have been tied at the hip and going thru it all together for 36 and ½ yrs now.. those of you that are not parents may not be able to understand and relate to what I am trying to say here.. going to try to reach you anyway best I can…

Johnny is autistic, nonverbal with a touch of many mental illnesses. Early yrs till he made it to about age 5 were very darn tough for him. He got into special ed at age 2 with 5 other youngs boys just like him.. they all were in their own kind of living hell isolated from the rest of world.. screaming, crying and scared out of their minds.

Thank you God for teacher and aide Kathy and Sue.. they were a gift from heaven for the boys.. showed nothing but love, respect and caring… slowly they are showed improvement.. they were able to join the rest of the world over time. Smiles, laughter and some joy.. his momma Katie and I spent all the time we could at school with all of them.. early yrs we spent some time behind a closed door just to be safe.. john was mad then.. oh lord, I understood that.. Katie too.

John has mellowed over the yrs.. so have Katie and me.. all have grown up some.. no we have grown up a lot…. Now know what is important in life.. I look at john often.. sometimes close and other times from a distance…

All of me loves john the very best I can…. We still have our moments of being distressed and tortured sometimes.. Katie and I are mentally ill forever also…. Even that is better now and controlled.. same with johnny.. I love to hear johnny open his bedroom door in the morning and stand at toilet a tinkling away. Couple of minutes he comes tipetoeing down the hall to join me.. exchange some greetings and smiles with and for each other..

Tell him I love him very much then.. repeat during the day.. my love is not just talk.. everything done together is always done with care about john paramount… first and last.. we in this all together and with each other.. Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Oh Jim, that brought me to tears, it is so beautiful. What life is absolutely all about :) Your love for Johnny is your strength and you can communicate at deep unspoken levels of hope and trust in your inmost beings. Love like this is what all the world needs for each other person, and you demonstrate it totally, I am so grateful for you having given me this gift this morning Jim, thankyou so much for writing it, God bless you and Katie and Johnny :)

3. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing, Jim. This is beautiful.

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

thank you senada nd urprecious.. evidently I did get said what I was trying to say.. following is a tune that I just cannot stop playing today.. Barbra Streisand and celine dion and tell him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB_vjpRhLxM