My lovely encounter w/ the system

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by PandorasToybox, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

It happened. On April 13th I was taken to the ER after having overdosed. It was the worst experience...after being in there for a week I came out worse. Ugh if I could even begin to describe half the sh*t that goes on in those places...it was bad...I had been cornered in my room & "degraded" by a male orderly ...I lost over 12 lbs & am experiencing problems with PTSD...
    When I got out I told my family & counsellors what the male orderly did & they said "Well look where you were" like I deserved it. Had I been a student in there for a physical illness something would have been done... People could get raped in there & nobody would do ANYTHING about it.
    Im also waiting to have an MRI done for my brain & spine because they have a feeling that theres something going on w/ my nervous system that is causing my some mental instability...

2. yogurt

yogurt Active Member

(((silver)))

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

:hug: for Silver!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

no one even an orderly has the right to physically assault you or harm you I hope you report it to the head of the hospital and i hope you got the orderlies name

5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

But thats the thing, when you go into those place you illegally lose your rights...gawd Im sooooo FRUSTRATED, enough is enough, I'm putting my foot down. According to my counsellor at the college I am not the first student to have bad experiences in our psych ward @ the hospital... Im so SICK of being treated like Im not a person, like I dont deserve rights.

Im about to get VERY loud...I'm putting my foot down...this is BULLSH*T. NO MORE!!!

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No you don't lose your rights. You have them. I'm so so f sorry he did that to you, and you did not deserve that. There are relevant people you should let know, you could ask your counsellor about any people you could contact to report that worker because he threatened , degraded you but could do it to many other people too.

7. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

I have to say as sad as it sounds it is that bad at least on the ward here. I know horror stories upon horror stories having been in and out since I was 13. The nurses don't do anything when you complain and the drs don't as well. You just have to take what ever is said to you, or done to you. I have woken up with patients standing over me, and know of a women who woke up with a man masturbating over her. and when she complained nothing was done, when I complained nothing was done. The whole system at least in my city needs a great big old over haul. The sad thing is because you are there you are crazy so no one believes you anyways. I have had nurses try to give me the wrong medication several times and had to put my foot down and say I am not taking them they are not mine mine. Go check my orders.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:hug: I believe you and I understand so well. If there are MH charities around they might have advocates who will support you and get your views across to the relevant people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.