My memory is shot

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by mpang123, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Lately, more and more, I'm experiencing significant memory loss. I'm going to ask my doc if he can order an MRI of my brain to see why I'm losing my memory at such an early age. I'm only 44 and shouldn't be going through this. Yes, I had multiple overdoses before where I become unconscious, I take a lot of medications, had shock treatments, and plus I was in a coma for 9 days before. I think all this could cause my memory loss, but I still want to know why. My dad is having beginning dementia, but he's 78.
  2. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

let me know what you find out. had an mri a while ago. nothing showed. my memory is for sh+t. very frustrating. major events in my life, i can't even remember.
  3. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

My dad is taking aricept for memory loss
  4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

there are some essential oils you can use to improve your memory as well as some foods you can take and some memory type exercises that are like the matching game timed with cards and etc

here are some websites for the essential oils:

here are some websites for foods:

other ideas:

hope this helps
  5. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Sorry to thread necro but I've been having this problem as well. I send someone a pm and thier reply makes no sense cause I can't remember what I said to them. I also struggle to concentrate, I find myself staring off into space and come back to myself having no idea
    what I was doing before I started daydreaming. I only remember what I was doing if its right in front of me and then the memory onlu comes back slowly in bits and pieces till it eventually falls into place like a puzzle. Its been getting worse lately and its effecting my work and is very frustrating. Did anyone have any luck with the things demuredawn posted?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.