My Most Recent Errors in Life

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I currently find myself on a final warning at my work. The thing lasts for ONE YEAR. One more customer complaint or anything that they deem as behaviorly bad, and I am on the unemployment lines.

Other error isnt so bad. More like something that has to be filed in the "What in the heck was I thinking" bin.

Several weeks ago during a practice for my church band, someone brought up the fact that he felt that good things were going to happen with the band. Everyone agreed with that.

Shortly afterwards, I found out that there is a huge concert event in the Chicagoland area towards the end of July, called Ignite Chicago. It is a 2 day event covering a Saturday and a Sunday. There will be like 10 bands there, guys like, Third Day, Sanctus Real, Need To Breathe, Matthew West and so on.

Well this crazy man, decided to see if any of those artists who were only playing on Saturday night, might want to come down and attend service at our church and check out our band.
    I narrowed down the list to not only acts that were only performing on that Saturday, but acts that had nothing going on for Sunday.

And so I sent out a few emails.

I got a response back from Matthew West's management. It looked like for a few hours that not only was he coming to our church, but would play a concert and we would open for him!!!! Amazing right?

Well it turned out he couldnt, something to do with radius issues. Oh and they wanted money for him to come out.

Like I said, what in the heck was I thinking? Like some major artist was going to come to my hick town just to hear some random praise band.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about the work issue....
    I say well done for trying to get that guy to come to your town ....not your fault it didn't work out and no harm in trying...
    life is about having a go....

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey you were thinking of taking a positive step. Good for you. Nothing lost in trying. And when you're thinking you cant do anything right, just look at all the threads you've made and all the others you've replied to. You have helped so many. Another positive and great step you've taken. Keep it up Tigger!!! :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.