My mother

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Casey., May 8, 2008.

1. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

I found out this morning around 12:30 AM that my mother passed away from a blood clot in her head. She had multiple sclerosis, and we were expecting this for a while, but no one could do anything. My sister called me in the middle of the night in hysterics. Lasnight, she was hospitalized around 8:00 due to the fact that she could not move the left side of her body. I was aware of this around 8:45. My sister Sarah called around 12:30. I don't have her obituary yet because it was going to be posted in todays newspaper in Colorado. My sister is going to email it to me, but until then, I am still unsure as to what actually happened.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

So sorry Andrea :hug:

3. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Graveside inurment services will be held for lifelong Loveland resident Joyce <Personal info removed> at 1 p.m Monday, May 12 at the Loveland Cemetary.

A potluck reception will follow the graveside service Tuesday, May 13 at the Ulte Mountain Regional Hall.

Joyce was born on January 11, 1968 in Loveland, Colorado. The daugter of Tamara Leigh and James. She passed away Thursday May 8, 2008, at Northwest Memorial Hospital. Joyce was pronounced dead at 12:12 AM (All times are Eastern Standard) due to unknown causes related to her Multiple Sclerosis.

Joyce worked at Northwest Memorial Hospital in the Medical/Surgical unit.

Surviving are her husband of four years; Tom, of Loveland, her children; Ashleigh - Hanover, New Hampshire, 20, Sarah - Loveland, 19, Mariah - Loveland, 16, Tom Jr. - Loveland, 14, and Samantha - Loveland, 12, and her sister, Jamie Bulloc-Harvey- Loveland, 48.

Memorial controbutions can be made in Joyce's memory to the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation of America.

Services are under the derection of Ertel Funeral Home.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mods can cut out whatever they want.

I need to figure out if I am going to fly out to see her.
    I am the oldest child, so I have the responsibility with Tom of figuring out who gets what.
    I need to figure out who gets what.
    I need to figure out a way to ship everyone her belongings.
    I need to call people, to tell them.

The funeral is on Monday, I need to think quickly. What colors? My sisters have turned to me because I am oldest, and Tom is under a lot of stress. I don't know why they think I can make this better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2008
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: sorry for your loss hun x

5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Im here if theres anything i can do hun ;hug:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

So sorry to hear that, hun. My condolences. If there is anything I can do, or even if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, contact me, I'm here for you. Take care. :hug:

:rose:

7. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss
    :hug:

8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: I'm sorry Andrea x

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss :hug:

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

So sorry for your loss hun. I know everyone needing you to help right now is going to be pretty tough for you. Please remember to take some time for yourself through all this. Take some time to grieve and let your feelings out too. Here if you need me hun.

11. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

im so sorry for your loss.
    Like has been said before, if there is anything i can do to support you through this, please dont hesitate to ask.
    And i really mean that xxxx

12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm so so sorry, Andrea. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I'm here for you, sweetie. :hug:

13. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Andrea, please know Im thinkin about you in this extremely difficult time. I know that regardless of the circumstances this is such a big loss, please know that we are all here to help you through this. xx

14. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with my sister. We made some huge decisions, and I think that most of them are for the best.
    The biggest- and hardest decision has been made.
    Me and my sister will not be attending the ceremonies. However, in 3 months, August 9, there will be another ceremony in her honor. This will be a closed ceremony, with only close family and friends. We have made invitations for almost 40 people. We also called a large hall in the middle of Loveland to have the ceremony at. There will be people from the MS society there- some of her close friends. Her co-workers. Family. Etc. People will speak about her, there will be readings, etc. We have asked 12 people to write and read poems/letters/etc about her. I am one of them. I know this will be hard, but hopefully in three months the worst will have passed.
    Thank you all for your support in making these decisions- I will post more uptades as I have them
    :hug:
    Andrea

15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I truly am sorry for your family's lost Andrea. You and they will remain in my thoughts through these coming days. :hug:

16. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Andrea,
    The one thing I learnt through the loss of both parents is that we have a period immediately where we feel stunned ; I think this is the brains way of giving us the time to do whats necessary until the truth really sets in. You mentioned about having so much to do, is it possible to delegate to other family members?
    Condolences
    kD

17. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Dear Andrea,

I'm really sorry about the loss of your mother :sad: Words cannot express how awful it must be for you and please, if there's anything I can do, let me know (my email and MSN are in my profile).

Secondly I'd like to apologise for the fact that I haven't replied any sooner. Fact is, this thread hit home pretty hard, as my mother passed away due to a blood clot in her neck. I will not go into this any further as this is your thread, but yeah, that's why I didn't reply sooner. :dunno:

If you ever want to talk about this, or just vent or anything, please feel free to contact me any time.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you lots and lots of strength for this dark period. Sending you much love and a big virtual hug!

:arms:

Est.