My mother's family hates me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Aquariamethystea, Jul 8, 2007.

1. I am really upset and depressed about my mother's family. I have been for awhile, though, it is getting worse. Last night, my aunt calls my mother to inform my mother about my aunt's new temporary part-time job. My aunt's two dogs are left home alone for quite a while, so they need to be taken for a walk during the time my aunt is at work. My aunt asks my mother to take the dogs for a walk, however, my mother couldn't, since we had dinner reservations already planned. I can imagine my mother using her turning down my aunt's request for help, as a bragging opportunity for her to abuse me by. So then, my aunt tells my mother that it is okay, since my aunt would contact her son, my cousin, Michael, in order to ask him to take the dogs for a walk. Apparently, my cousin Michael was going to be there last night before returning to his home down state Illinois. When my mother was telling me all of this, she was talking rather quickly, until this part in the explanation. She slowed down talking, in order to emphasize that my cousin Michael had returned to Illinois from California, where he was with his fiance, Elischa, on a vacation paid for by her family. It seems that my mother's family loves to take every opportunity possible, in order to boast about my cousin Michael and his successes in life.

I am reminded about how much pain my mother's family has caused for me. For several years, they criticized me for almost everything. My disability, my abusive father, my lack of friends from school, etc. I even remember the times when school report cards were issued. My aunt would pick me up from the elementary school I attended, right before getting Michael from the school he had attended, the same school I would have attended, had my parents not screwed up my life by having me move to Florida in order to live with my abusive father and his then wife. Anyways, once Michael got in the car and we went to their home, I'd be trying to open up my report card. My aunt then would tell my cousin something like, "Oooh! I wonder how many F's are on his report card, lol!" My cousin would never defend me, of course. He never really cared about me. He has always acted like I didn't really exist, other than just a disabled body taking up space. I have tried so much to be better to them than just that, yet, they have always hated me no matter what I did. Yet, Michael doesn't go out of his way to impress them. They've always helped him to be what he is and he has had every opportunity to succeed. He has had alot of love and support in his life, whereas, I haven't. Now that Michael has a very likely potential to have an awesome future, my mother's family feels they've done their job making him to be what they want him to be. And now, they want me to realize even more as to why I am not important to them, and they want to continue to insult me about it, until I refuse to allow them the grand opportunity, which is when my mother will kick me out. Of course, she knows I would suicide before being homeless, so it is a win-win situation for them.

Now that I've let that all out, I can go cut.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Awww :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry they put you through that. You are just as good as any of them or better for not being such an ass as they tend to be. Hang in there hun. I'm sorry you feel like cutting, could you maybe try and distract yourseld until this mood passes? If you need me you know where I am and you have my cell number. Take care hun. :hug:
  3. Old_Man_Kensey

Old_Man_Kensey Well-Known Member

screw 'em man...i know it sux when they compare u to sb else, i know it sux being insulted all the time, abd this whole past experience thing is awful...But hey, this ain t sth new is it?It has been like that for a long time...

If you feel you have lost all contact with your family, then you are on your own..If i were you, i would USE my supposed inadequency and my inabilities to get what I want...Every time they ask you to do sth or start comparing you to your cousin don t let them get the opportunity..Instead of feeling shit about this whole competition thing just say "hey i m just a crippled guy, i m not possibly as great as Micheal is.."...Let them know that they ll have to find new ways if they wanna hurt u...

It s just my opinion, i might be right or wrong but i think you should stand up for yourself a bit instead of silently saying to yourself that you are superior to micheal indeed...Otherwise you just being manipulated
  4. I want them to accept me, yet they won't. Doesn't it tell them something that I've been alone for 24 years and I've been miserable during most of that time? The only improvements in my life have been done by me, what I've decided to do for myself, which is in meeting so many nice people online who have supported me. My mother's family never have supported me and they better not take any credit for all of the good things which could occur in the future with my fiance.