My motivation

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Neoaptt, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Member

I haven't been motivated to do anything anymore. I start things, but about a month into it I quit. I've tried writing a book but lost interested. I've tried a lot of different sports and extra curricula activities. It doesn't seem to help. I've tried goals and small steps. I just don't know why I'm not motivated.

I would like to know how to regain my control on my life. And stay interested in something long then it takes to pick it up.

I don't know what works and what doesn't. So suggest anything and I'll tell yeah if it worked for me or not.

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I thnk the most important thing for motivation is to be able to imagine the end result, the rewards, of your endeavors. If you can't see past what you are doing and look at the big picture, you probably won't get far. Now I have this problem myself, so you are not alone, but I have learnt to try and be persistent and think of the rewards or the satisfaction that comes with completing something, which is almost always worth the work.

Have a read of this for some more ideas if you need to.

Another thing I have learned is that inspiration and motivation go hand in hand, so if you can get inspired in what you are doing, you're half way there.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  3. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i have this also, it is terrible and im still fighting it. once i finally start to do something new im feeling ok but this feeling can change within a second as i start to feel like im drowning in the thing what im doing and i cant see the endresult

@Tobes thx for the link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.