My mum hates me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

She thinks I'm pretending to be suicidal, she thinks that I just want to make her feel guilty. I ruined both her marriages so she already hated me for that and now adding on me being suicidal just makes things worse. I just want to die so bad. What should I do? I'm a burden to everyone :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  2. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. When I was 18 after searching for help from doctors (with no luck) I was screeming for help of someone, anyone, so decided to go to my mum which was far from my first choice, and asked for help, anything even to talk to me and all I got was a flat "no". to say i was destroyed is an understatement and I walked out on her. (Now she claims she said "yes but not now" which is total bullshit, I might have mental health problems but im not stupid, i remember things.) I wish I could tell you a happy ending but in my case i cant. the one thing i can say though is that parents tend to think they know everything and their kids cant possibly know more than them. sometimes you just cant argue with people like that.

You really dont want to do anything bad because your mums ignorant of your suffering. Is there another family member that you trust you can go to or even a doctor by yourself?

You seem like a nice person and dont deserve to be put into these feelings. I hope you can sort something out with your mum soon

3. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I have my sister but I don't want to distract her from her uni work. Talking doesn't help me anyway, it only makes me feel worse. I'm a hopeless case.

4. Unwilling

Unwilling Member

All I can really add is sympathy here. I know my mother hated me, she always said she loved me, but what she loved was the title of "mother". When I had come out as an atheist to her she basically tried to kick me out of the house. When my father, the only parent I love, stopped it she would berate me every night when she got drunk. She would tell me how I was a liar, cheater, and thief. Even though I am only guilty of lying, and no more than the next man, perhaps less. She would continue in he rants how I would go to hell, and I would never ever do anything good in my life and would fail at everything I tried.
    I told her I was depressed and she used it against me to try and control me. I always felt depressed that the one person in your life that is supposed to protect you, your mother, can be one of the most detrimental and damaging to your psyche.

My solace came from my friends. Despite not being able to talk to them about my problems, it is hard for them to ignore you being berated as you come home to get something, because your mother didn't see them on the other side of the door.

I am sorry for what your mother is doing to you. I hope there is someone you can reach out to I know it would have helped me then and I wouldn't have had to suffer through all that.

5. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I don't think you ruined her marriages, I know that sounds naive of me to say but you're clearly just using that to put yourself down, I'm sure there were other factors.

Also, I think you should have a deep talk to with your mom and find out wether she really hates you and where your relationship stands rather than make assumptions. I'm sure she loves you.

6. I-Died-In-My-Dream

You have no idea :sad:

7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Sorry, maybe I don't but really this guilt is too much weight for anyone to carry, I know little guilt can lead to BIG guilt, but are you really guilty for all of it? You need to stop feeling all this guilt and make things clear, talk to anyone you can talk to, does your sister think you're guilty? It could be just your mom.

8. nok1888

Your not a hopeless case, far from it. Your here talking so you must want help, even though its deep down and you dont see it the now, it must be there.

Deleted post! just deleted a long post because Im not one to be giving advice, thats why i rarely reply to posts, but, you do seem a really nice person who cares, dont let your mum or anyone else make you feel bad. Its their problem and they shouldnt be puting it all on to you.

Sorry, Im no much help

9. I-Died-In-My-Dream

She threatened to start hitting me.

10. nok1888

Some mum!. If I was you I wouldnt bother trying, try to concentrate on yourself, if she tries to bother you just ignore it, dont bite. Just walk away. If you keep calm, you dont give her a reason to start anything and if she tries without you doing anything just listen then walk away dont take it personally its obvious she has issues that she cant deal with although its not you that should have to deal with it

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My mother hates me too, with a passion. -.-
    So I do know how you feel :hug:

..but threatening to hit you?! :eek:hmy: That's crossing the line!! How old are you?

12. Unwilling

Unwilling Member

Yeah generally relationships start going down hill when you get into boxing matches in the kitchen. How old are you? If you are old enough, maybe getting away from her would be a good idea if she starts abusing you.

13. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I'm 17.

14. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

my mom hate me too...she think anything i do is to punish her of what she did to me...she think im destroying her life...and when i born, i destroy her career(like i ask her to bring me to this ugly life)...i also wanna die....im burden to everyone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.