my mum is dying and i cant cope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ctid66, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctid66

ctid66 New Member

my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer and i cant cope with the thought of her dying.
    i just know that i will not...will not...be able to live without her.
    i am married..to a lovely man..and i have friends and family...but none of them are as important to me as my mum...apart from my husband who is also the world to me.
    i just cant carry on. i cant. and i wish and pray that there was some way i could end it.

2. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

HUGS. I'm so sorry about your mom.

Is she receiving treatment, or is there nothing that can be done? If she's getting treatment, there's hope! No matter how small, there is a hope. If not...you still have time! Make the most of it: for both her AND you.

My grandpa is currently dying of untreatable cancer. I've found that being there FOR HIM makes it easier sometimes. It doesn't make the whole situation easier, but it makes the thoughts subside.

3. ctid66

ctid66 New Member

thanks for hugs x
    shes not having treatment...nothing they can do. its so so hard and i cant cope.
    i try so hard to keep positive that she may have time left but she seems to be getting worse rapidly.
    i know its so wrong to want to die but i just know i will not manage without my mum

4. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry. I know how it feels when you're told that there's nothing that can be done. It makes you feel very helpless..and if you're like me you just want to DO something.

I'm hoping this doesn't make you feel worse..but when my grandpa was told about his cancer, the doctor told him essentially...."You're lucky. You get to say goodbye. Lots of people don't get that chance." He is facing death much like he faced life..with a smile on his face and making the best of the situation.

It's VERY HARD to watch someone you love so very much in pain, and know there's nothing that you can do. Bad days for them are hard on us, but so are good days. Talk to your mom. Let her know you're scared...she probably is too. Spend as much time as you can with her.

5. ctid66

ctid66 New Member

thank you x

its all i can do really...be here for her whilst she's still around...

6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I'm so sorry :(
    I know for myself, there was a time when I felt that if I lost my mom I couldn't handle it. I didn't get over that feeling of everything in my life falling away overnight either. But I did. I thought about my mom, and how she loves me and has always been there for me. I started thinking that, she has been such an important part of my life, and also, I am a very important part of her life. I began to understand that she has been doing everything in her power to help me find my way and live my life the way I want to. And that even if someday she will not be here, that she would want me to continue to live my life and be everything that I can and want to be. Your mom will always be with you, in your memories and in your heart. She'll never leave you.

That's how I've come to accept it. I could challenge that way of thinking, but..

:) I second with jenniferelaine's posts. Spend time with eachother. You both might find what you are looking for.
    :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.