My Mum

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Mr.11, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Mr.11

Mr.11 Well-Known Member

She's in hospital with a 50/50 chance to live. I'm going out of my fucking mind here. This is hardly the place I should be right now but I don't know. I just can't go and see her in that condition. I'm feeling very sick. What the fuck do I do? I can't calm down.
  2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I am so sorry about your mum :( any other family member you can lean on?
    Maybe go see her together...if she's conscious, I think she would like to have her beloved ones around. Though I know how difficult it can be, maybe it's important for her?
    I truly hope it turns for the good 50%, keep hope in order to give your mum hope too and the will to fight.
    Take care,
  3. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Me personally

I would go and see her. You'd be surprised how you will feel under these circumstances.And think of how you will feel, if you did'nt see her again..........

And like Helena says, she needs you right now

yorkie xx
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  4. Mr.11

Mr.11 Well-Known Member

I'm terrified of going outside, and even of hospitals... I just can't be there. Thanks both of you. I've seemed to calm a little. My brother's gone back there now so I'm alone. I'd appreciate if anyone at all just posted anything. I don't want to feel alone.
  5. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I'm glad you calmed down and I hope your brother comes back with good news :)

6. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

I'm still here, thinking about you

yorkie xx
  7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear thar.i hope your mom be better soon :hug:
  8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Scot you need to pull it together. It's a Mom's job to be there for her kids when they need them. Now it's your job to be there for her. Think of how good you feel when your sick but your Mom is around. Somehow it just feels safe, right, comforting. You can be sick as a dog but if someone you love is there it doesnt seem as bad.

Your Mom although she is in hospital is going to keep trying to make it feel right. You need to let her know that you are going to be ok. That she needs to worry about her right now. And that you will do whatever you can for her. If you cant get out (Iunderstand the stress of being out of your house) then get someone to get a phone to her, a cell phone even and call her. Or write her a letter that she can read or have someone read it to her. Just let her know hun.

As for you, keep posting here. Let others help you through this time. I know it's hard especially when you cant get there and want to so badly. Maybe get someone to drive you there. And just keep repeating in your head it's for mom, it's for mom. Zone out everything else until you get to her room. Sometimes when things are desperate we CAN find the strength that we really dont feel we have.

Keep posting hun and let us know how you and your mom are doing. :arms:
  9. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

It is so hard with your Mum in the hospital...I remember when my mother was very ill and in and out of the hospital - I had to get someone to take me to see her and it was SO HARD...

But, I am glad I went - as itmahahn said, try to go with someone and focus on why you are going...find a way to wall away the anxiety if you can...You will find that it is not dangerous, just uncomfortable....

I am glad your brother is acting as "go between" - Keep posting to us and may your Mum have a complete recovery!

Hope all will be well :hug:
  10. Mr.11

Mr.11 Well-Known Member

She's not responding. They're turning her off. Thank you everyone. I don't know what I'm going to do.
  11. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

So sorry - there are no words....

Just :hug:
  12. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry .....
  13. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

i cant even imagine the pain you must be going through. please try to stay strong and pm me anytime if you need to talk. :hug: