My name is

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheNameIsTom, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNameIsTom

TheNameIsTom New Member

My name is Tom. I am 15 years old turning 16 in September, however I know that I won't make it there. I am in high school half way through year 10 and most people think I am happy as anyone else, but they don't really know me. I hate my family, I hate myself, I hate most things these days. The only things that make me happy are things that will ultimately kill me in the long run. I don't go out except for school and work, and I never hang out with other people. I mostly keep to myself and avoid contact with others. Recently one of the only people who knows about my struggle attempted suicide and said it was one of the worst things she had ever done, not because she regretted it but because she had yet again failed. I can relate to that, as I too am a failure in most things. I don't enjoy my life and I don't enjoy anything in it, but I'm looking forward to the sweet oblivion that is death which hangs over my head ready to take me at a moments notice. My name is Tom, and you will never hear from me again.
  2. loumerc

loumerc Member

Hi Tom, It's sad to read what you had wrote and you must be in real pain. You have made me worried that we won't hear from you again, i hope that you be able to read some of our replies. At your age most ppl goes through what they call a chemical changes in their brain, this is just a process of growing up. You have to talk with your doctor about your thoughts. I believe that you haven't found yourself yet Tom, suicide is not a solution for your problems. What other ppl thinks may not be good for you and your friend had told you that suicide is the worst thing to do. Now , for hating your self and your family this is a matter that you have to find the reason behind this issue with the help of a pshcologist. Hang on Tom, think what can you do to do your life better.Please post again.
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello Tom and welcome.. You are at the age when all kinds of things are changing you get the impression you should be getting ready for life.. Like all to many you don't see that a coming...

You need some help now!!! School counselor, a minister, an older person that may care.. Someone who will listen and support you!!! Maybe some psychiatric help..

You do deserve this help..know first impression on this is no way, can't do this!!! I turn 66 this week.. I say this cause looking back I wish I would done this at your age instead of all the years alone and struggling..

Take care out there Tom..Jim
  4. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

Hi Tom, hope we will hear from you again, otherwise what was the point seeking out the forum and writing your post and I dont say this flippantly either.
    Why do you hate your family, your life etc, what has happened to you which makes you like this? You say it will be sweet oblivion to die, well maybe it will, maybe it wont.
    Someone I knew took her life end of last year, she was hanging on for 3 months, she was half brain damaged by all the meds she took and she severed arteries and lost so much blood she was in AGONY, in the end her brain got worse and she passed.
    Suicide can be quick and simple, often its not. People can live with organ damage, brain damage etc and have worse existence than what they had before.
    I am not saying this to stop you doing it, just saying the facts and reality. I am suicidal too so can understand how desperate and rubbish you must be feeling.
    Try sharing with us here, we all know the pain and frustration and emptiness, we are all unique too so please hang on, if you dont its been a waste of my time replying and the others also who have, plus I shall never know what caused you to have so much pain in your young life. Take care.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Tom, if you do return, please know there are many caring people to reach out to and who will listen...PM me or any staff if you decide to come back
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.