1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My nana

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by TJ, Aug 31, 2010.

1. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

right so ive fought this on my own for a number of years now and its getting the better of me now ,

in march this year it was 8 years since my nana passed away , she died from lung cancer .
    the thing that bothers me the most about lossing her was she was more like a mother to me rather than a nana . when i was little and things went wrong at home , all id have to do was ring her and no matter where in the country i was she would drive to get me and take me back to her place for a few weeks while things settled at home , this happened on numerous occassions . it was just part of my childhood and became rather normal for me . towards the end she came to stay with us as the treatment she needed was in our city rather than in the city she lived in , at first we were told she only had 3 months to live , because of the treatment she managed 11 months .
    i try very hard to just accept whats happened , that it was her time to go and all but nothing eases the pain that shes gone , i guess because i still need her help with life even tho im an adult now .
    when she passed on thats when i first got ill , i had my first break down at age 17 and i guess ive never really recovered from it ive had numerous more breakdowns since then , i feel as tho i dont have a place in this world because shes not here anymore , in all fairness she was my reason to live and now i just dont have that anymore , i have no clue as to whats kept me going these last 8 years , all i want is to go and be with her where im safe . my hopes and dreams are all focused on being reunited with her , i dont know what to expect from writing this but i needed to get it off my mind thanks for reading .

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you lost your Nana Esther....as you said she was like a mother to you so would be really hard for you to deal with....
    Have you had any grief counseling? it's never too late and sounds like after 8 years you might need some...*hug*