My new social worker is coming to visit me tomorrow

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I'm scared to meet him because he might put me back in hospital. I've been hearing a lot more voices telling me to kill myself and others. Sometimes I get strong urges to act on what the voices are telling me just to quieten them down. Should I lie to him or tell the truth and just accept that I might need to go back in hospital?

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You need to be honest. Listen to what he has to say or offer and use that to quiet the voices that are telling you other things. He may have other options available rather than the hospital too. But whatever happens please listen to what he says to whatever you honestly tell him.

3. sincredibly

sincredibly Member

as cheesy as it sounds.. honesty is the best policy.

it is always desirable in my opinion to be first and foremost honest with ourselves and secondly and equally significant honest to others....

if you don't mind me asking.. where do you think these voices are coming from?

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

They have meds to stop the voices.. I know because I am on them..Before I went on the meds I was hearing voices, seeing things like shadows, And I always felt like someone was looking over my shoulder.. They tried me on one med and it made me hallucenate.. So we stopped that quick..Now I am on one of the older meds and it is working great..So be honest with them and ask about meds for them..Ask them about prolixin and see if it is an option..

5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i agree

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I think you need to be honest, that way maybe he can find the right medication to stop those voices...I mean you're suffering right now and if you're honest he can help you feel better...it's up to you though...

:hug::IrishDoll:

7. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

Be honest, they can stop the voices they stopped mine. Even if it mens a short stay in hospital, its better to get it over and done with and get the meds started.

Dont worry you'll be fine

8. I-Died-In-My-Dream

The social worker is really nice, he brought me chocolates. I can't believe I was so scared to meet him :laugh:

9. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Aww that's really nice. Sounds like it could be ok after all. :hug:

10. I-Died-In-My-Dream

Yeah, they're changing my meds tomorrow :smile: I hope they'll help with the voices and I hope they won't have weight gaining side effects.

11. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow that is so cool! sounds like a good start :IrishDoll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.