My New Way To Cope

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Wiccy, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiccy

Wiccy Member

I've realized now that I've relapsed.

I was here almost two years ago, when I was still in high school, but I had recently come back for support.

I have gotten back into a steady routine of SH, but I realized it just doesn't cut it. That was when a friend suggested popping pills. Just over the counter. So I tried, and it made all the pain go away.

We'd stick with things like Tylenol and Advil, maybe allergy medications. But we'd take 8 of them at a time. Just enough to make the room spin.

It makes me feel bold when I'm scared. It makes me feel better when I'm down. I know its bad, and I know I am already addicted, but it hasn't hurt me yet. Surely it is safer than slitting my skin open?

2. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

no, no, and no. That shit will fuck you up quick, it'll destroy your liver and other essential organs. If you must use something as a crutch, I've gotta say that marijuana is a better alternative to popping pills.

3. Wiccy

Wiccy Member

Gosh but that stuff is illegal and my job likes to do drug tests.

4. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

Its safer than sliting your skin open, but neither are safe to begin with. Advil, over the counter-medications are relatively harmless, but when you start doing shit like Vicodin or any other Narcotic, that's when you have to be careful, those show up on drug tests too sometimes, though be honest, as I have random drug tests myself, except for illegal drugs like weed, they tend to leave your system within a week. However what might make you feel good now wont later, your body will build tolerance, you need more and more pills to get the same high or happy feeling you did with less earlier. This can build up rather quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Doing drugs or SH to alleviate distress are not good solutions. Both are dangerous. ALL drugs have side effects and do more to our organs/bodies than just heal an illness or stop pain. Many painkillers (more than x-number per week) will damage the kidneys. Some thin the blood. Some allergy pills can induce a very rapid heart rate in susceptible people. The liver filters every drug we ingest. Drugs, prescription or otherwise, are NOT safe to take for "relaxation."

SH can cause infection, leave scars, and eventually stop relieving the distress. SH is "addicting" in its own way when people turn to it instead of dealing with the things that upset them. Sometimes the injuries from SH are more serious than the person intended.

I hope that maybe you can find a sport or or activity that gets you physically active and mentally engaged. Half an hour or an hour of that each day releases a lot of stress.

6. Wiccy

Wiccy Member

I've tried random things. Drawing, music, but they only help for a short period of time.

Every so often I'll take a bit more vicodin than normal, but that is because I got punched in the eye and I got it for the pain.

Its just something that really helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.