My nightmare ** may be triggering **

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Insignificant, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i am a very compassionate individual. i am also very understanding. most people who know me if not all know there is no violent possiblities to me, but here in the last few months i have had a nightmare which has disturbed me to no end.

i have dreamed that i have cause sexual harm to children. this terrifies me to even think i had these. i never thought i could even dream of something like this. does anyone have an idea why this is? i'm not violent and i would never even begin to consider hurting a child let alone like this.

this has me so disturbed i would love nothing more than to die over this fact alone.

please can anyone help me make sense of this? PLEASE??????

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds like repressed anger Rhino. Were you sexually abused as a child?

Might have something to do with the anger that caused, if you were.

3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

you know that is a possiblility. i was abused at five yrs old, but i still could never even fathom hurting another child. i have never even hurt my own. to have this one is very disturbing.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I can imagine you dread going to sleep.

However, try and remember as much detail as possible, the answer of why you are having this dream is in the dream itself; your subconscious is trying to tell you something. It might be a suppressed memory or just inward rage.

Don't think for a minute that it means you are a danger to children or have suppressed desires. Dreams are always metaphoric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.