my older sister

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by playdeaddear, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playdeaddear

playdeaddear Member

It wasn't really abuse.. I don't know. 12 days ago I was hospitalized for drug abuse and suicidal thoughts. Well about 2 hours before the cops were called on me I went from my parents house to my sister and her husbands house (they live about a 2 minute walk away from each other). I was crying hysterically and screaming.. not at her just screaming in general. I have anger problems. I was sitting on the floor in a back room though not wanting any attention, just wanting to get away from everybody. My sister walks in and literally attacks me. Jumps on me, starts punching me in the face, ripping my hair out, scratching me in the face. When she was finished she yelled at me "I ruined the family". Shes 3 months pregnant and out of respect for her and my soon to be neice or nephew I just took it. I'm a bit taller then her but skinnier. Still coulda taken her out though ;)

I left with bruises, a bloody nose and scratches on my face and neck. Just seemed a little messed up. I hate my family. I feel so unwanted.
  2. pastelmoon

pastelmoon Active Member

It was wrong of her to do that. I'm sorry you have such a dysfunctional family but many of us do. Once you move out on your own you will see your family from a different perspective. Right now you're stuck there and you feel trapped. You feel like you have no freedom or choices to make on your own. It won't always be like this though. You will eventually get your own place and leave your parents and sister behind. It will then be your choice to contact them if you wish to do so. Your sister had no right to lay a single finger on you. What kind of person attacks someone while they're pregnant. She was incredibly stupid to do that. You didn't deserve anything like that. It was right for you to just take it but I would have called the cops on her.
  3. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry this happened to you. :hug: This incident wasn't your fault. You needed a safe-haven and understanding from a sibling, and she acted selfishly and let her emotions get the better of her.

Part of me wants to blame your sister's behavior on her hormones, but the more logical part of me knows that hormones are no excuse for violence (otherwise, teenagers and women with PMS could get away with murder with complete impunity). It sounds like your sister lost control of herself. If she can't be trusted to act like a reasonable person, I'd suggest avoiding her as much as possible. I realize this will probably be difficult, and I'm not saying to ignore her completely or punish her with the silent treatment. However, your trust has been broken: you can't rely on her to treat you like a fellow human being anymore. Be concerned for your safety first of all, not how she'll react to a turned-down invitation or a sudden decline in contact.

One side note. My father grew up in Fayetteville; his sister still has a house there, I believe (she married a rich guy). In fact, my family and I lived there for a couple of years when I was very little. I remember hearing the "booms" from the military base at night. Small world, isn't it? :smile:
  4. playdeaddear

playdeaddear Member

Yea, me and my sister always argued but I felt like I could trust her. Now I just want to stay as far away from her as possible. It wasn't the physical beating that hurt as much as what she said that hurt. Today I took all of the pictures of us and cut myself out of them. Sounds stupid but it made me feel better.

My family and I have always had trust issues. I've had some drug problems. I actually had a methadone overdose and was pronounced dead, but revived. Ever since that my family has doubted me. I asked them what it would take to get the trust built back up and they said to stop with the drugs so I did, but they still treated me the same. Its tought. I really hate my family. I hate them. I don't want any contact with them when I leave. I feel like they're laughing at me everytime I turn around.

Really? Yea I went to highschool about 5 minutes from Fort Bragg. I live 10 minutes outside of Fayetteville, in Spring Lake. It is a pretty small world. :)
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I'm sorry your family is so unsupportive of you. If they wanted you to stop with drugs and you did, but they still won't trust you, then what the hell do they want?? I was blessed to have a secure and loving family and childhood. I wish it were so for all kids, but I know it's not. Of all the places that should give you love and security, your family should be the most secure and loving place of all, but that's a fantasy. What 'should' be isn't always so. I'm sorry you have to live like that. When you can be on your own you can make your own secure and loving environment. Try to be safe until then. I care, even tho I can't 'do' anything for you.:sad:

6. playdeaddear

playdeaddear Member

Aww thank you. Probably one of the best things I've heard all day. <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.