my only coping mechanism...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by carwreckblonde, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i found cutting myself to be the only pain relief that could help me cope. i use to make myself sick everyday until the doctor told me i was showing signs of bullimia, so they took that away from me. then i started punching walls and headbutting them too, i know it sounds stupid but it helped, then i was made to stop. now when i finally found something that helps me cope through everything , they want to take it away from me too. ive tried the whole write your feelings down, count to 10 and you might feel better and even talking to someone i trust but i cant. i dont want to burden them with my problems. i dont want to stop. just seems like everyones against me and doesnt want to see me get over what has happened to me :(. i dont care about the scars , i just want the pain to go away...
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Its not a burden, remember a problem shared is a problem halved as they say. If you have a friend tell them how you feel, talk through what happened and how you eel and why it helps to do what you do.
  3. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, and I'm not trying to glamourize cutting, but I wouldn't stop until you know that you don't need to.

If you don't have an outlet then you could do something rash. Take care of yourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.