My parents are making me suicidal............................

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredjjjjjjjjjjjjj, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My parents are treating me like I am 4.They won't allow me to go to bars, or go shopping or anywhere else without me going with someone from my family. I'm 21 ffs. How can I make them realize that I'm not a kid anymore and I don't need to be stalked by them?

2. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

honey if you're 21 how can they stop you from doing what you want?

3. because I live under their roof and don't have a job.

4. iceeblusmurf

have you tried talking to them? i'm in a very similar situation.

5. yes i have tried.they dont listen. why am i alive if i cant experience life?

6. iceeblusmurf

well honey, sometimes it just takes patience. you're still young. unfortunetly we can't have everything when we want it. you should try to get a job and get out on your own to do what you want.

7. I will choose death then.

8. iceeblusmurf

why?

I mean i know its hard not getting to do anything. i'm 21 and i can't do anything either. i just sit at home on my computer all the time. but is death really gonna solve anything? you can eventually get out and thats better then death

9. I'm tired of being a waste of space. I'd rather be dead.

I have my own goals in life I want to accomplish but can't because of them.

10. iceeblusmurf

why not? just because you can't have fun at the moment doesn't mean you can't reach their goals? do they not let you go to school or work? right now i work my ass off. don't hang out with friends, don't do anything. just work. it sucks. but one day i'll be able to move out.

11. I want to study, but can't they are too over protective. I don't even want to have fun,just learn and education.

12. iceeblusmurf

they are keeping you from going to school?

13. Yes. they are. they prevent me from doing 'everything' literally. everything that is in the outside world.

14. iceeblusmurf

ok, then whats keeping you from taking out loans and staying in a dorm house? there are ways. you can't let them control you. if you give in then you're letting them do it. you're 21, you have options.

15. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Same here, I am 21 and turning 22 in a few months but hardly feel that act or am treated like it. For instance, I'm going to the temple on Sunday with my dad to meet his friends for me to "socialize" because I'm so pathetic that I can't make my own friends and go out with my peer group so I guess he is feeling sorry for me.

And yet now I could never ever feel comfortable being with my peers being that I've been cooped up and introverted my entire life, I am one of the ultimate "mamas and papas" boy you would ever see and its so embarrassing and humiliating. I'm in a group project at college and they go out drinking together after class whereas I have to go places with my parents and little brother.

I feel so damn embarrassed just typing this out for you guys to see. Sigh....:sad:

16. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

May I ask why your parents won't let you go to school? What are they afraid of? If they don't want you to go to school, what do they want you to do then, what plans do they have have for you? I'm sure they will at least let you have a job right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.