My parents decided on making my life hell

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cooki, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

We've had a discussion lately, since they think they're the best parents ever, but I almost killed myself over them and they know. My mum always asks me why I hate her/them. She shouts when she asks so, which is kind of ironic. My teachers in elementary school wrote into my reports that the way I act shows clearly that I hate arguments and shouting. They're my only reference in this case, I don't have any newer report about how I act. I still act the same way as I did back then I think. I don't want people to hate me. I'm always friendly to everyone, but my parents say I'm disrespectful. My dad says it's all my fault that I don't have many friends. My parents said that when I was in 5th grade a mother of a kid in my class had told them that I would always refuse to play with the other kids, except for when I wanted to and then I'd force them to play with me, but they wouldn't want. That wasn't true. Back then I had friends in other classes, and we played together in break, until the kids from my class showed up and laughed and made fun of my friends and then they wanted me to play with them because "they were cooler". I didn't want to play with the kids that made fun of my friends, that'd be so dumb. They came back over and over again, and at some point my friends didn't want to play with me anymore because every time I played with them they'd be made fun of by the kids of my class. But at that point the kids in my class also didn't want to play with me anymore because they said I wasn't cool enough for them since I didn't play with them when they first made fun of these "losers". So I was all alone. That's basically why no one ever wanted to be friends with me. But okay, I only told that to my parents like 200 times, how would they have been able to know. My parents also said that I'll leave school as soon as I've finished 10th grade, that way I wouldn't be counted as dumb, but also my life would be a mess since around here you don't have any chance to get a job if you left school after 10th grade since it isn't hard to graduate 13th and that's the last grade here. So after 10th my parents will make me leave school and look for work and as soon as I'd be able to survive I'll be sent away. Well, I guess that's gonna be the funniest thing ever. I mean, what will the other kids and the teachers think if the classbest just finished school after 10th grade never to get a good job. Maybe I'll apply at the BASF, they like smart kids even if they left school after 10th grade. A guy from my brother's class will go there after the summerholidays. He's not the smartest, but he'll be paid good and probably work there for a while. But I wanted to study something... Because I'll probably end up at the BASF anyway and people that are better educated are paid better there. I'd really like to do something with physics or chemistry, but therefor I would need to survive 13th grade since I don't have any clue on higher physics or chemistry by now. Of course, I could teach everything I need to myself, but at school it's much easier.... I don't know what I should do now :( I don't want to waste my life just because my parents want to get rid of me :( I'm in 9th grade, maybe I should apply to another school next year so that I'll go somewhere else for the 11th till 13th grade, but that way I would still be at home and my parents don't want thst..... I checked out the laws if it's even allowed that parents ruin a kid's life by making them leave school. Sadly it is, it would be much harder for me to stay at school since my parents are permitted to decide on what's better for me and if they say leaving school after 10th is better I will have to bow. Maybe I should ask the psychology-guy at school what to do... He'd be able to help me probably, but my parents would kill me if I told anyone about this.... Anyone have an idea what I can do now? :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when you turn 18 your life is yours and if your parents do not like it then that is their problem You get a job save some money move out into a small place of your own and do what YOU want to do get away from the toxicity that is harming you

3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I'm not even 15 now... Next year I'll finish 10th grade, so then I won't even be 16, which means they can make me do whatever they want me to. I would be 18 right before finishing 13th grade (it's only half a year, I'd turn 18 at the beginning of that year) but I won't be able to go to school then because my parents will make me go out of school after 10th grade...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.