My Parents Don't Love Me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by juicy, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

Since you're all strangers, I figure there's nothing wrong with "crying for help" on these forums. Long as I keep a low profile in real life, which I am. My parents and family in general don't suspect a thing. I've attempted suicide only once when I was 17 and should have died, but I haven't done it since then. I'm one of those people who doesn't like "chickening out," so if I'm going to kill myself, I'm just going to do it and go through with it and hope to hell it works but like the idiot that I am, I didn't use a lethal method <----had to change this...I can't post suicide methods, right? sorry about that. Anyway, the method I used wasn't lethal but the obvious lethal one has always been there. I guess because it jut seems so...I've done it before and while it isn't painful, it's very uncomfortable. I'm always thinking, "wow this is taking too long." I can't acess something else because well, I don't have the means to, so I guess I'll try this method. I'm not really looking for help here as I am looking for anyone else who feels the same way. I know I'm not alone, but sometimes it's good to know I'm not alone.

I'm so sweet and nice and never disrespectful to my parents, but they treat me like crap or they just don't listen to me at all. So I'm done.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

IF you don't tell your parents how youare feeling how can they support you or help you also hu n there are other people you can reach out to teachers councilors church people crisis lines so many people who would listen and get you supports you need to get rid of these suicidal ideation thoughts
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Jucy, I think its great that you posted this here. I think its good to post as much as possible here.

like total eclipse said, what about a school counselor or some other adult in your community? I year ya when you say you do not like to chkcken out. Maybe the best way to not chicken out is to work on finding an adult irl who will listen and help.

Please try to keep posting here..... if you want. Because this is a place, as you know, where you can really say what you feel. But help irl is also really important. You deserve that. Seriously.
  4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

****trigger**** (perhaps?)

juicy, your post reminded me of something happened to me a few years ago- and i feel i have to share now, (because reading this baught back the horrible memories)

a few years ago, i felt the same way exactly. i'd gone in hospital, and my parents/ family, didn't even come to see me once- in fact my mom told the person on duty, well, i hope she does not come out.

then i thought, well, that's nice isn't it. you rely on your parents to be their for you, and they can't even support you through 1 of the hardest times of your life- and i felt exactly the same as you.... if they loved me, they could have made a lot more of an effert

and i still think that today.... we don't really talk anymore, but when we do- it's harsh words

i'm sorry if i triggered any of you, but reading this...
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry to hear that your parents treat you like family is pretty shitty to me too. It's hard but try not to let it get to you...just tune it out. If they don't care, then they aren't worth your pain. It's good that you are reaching out here, but I hope you do seek outside help, because you don't deserve to feel this way at all.
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Juicy, Emily, Witty, your parents do not deserve to have kids as good as you. I am very sorry you all were treated so horribly. Its very wrong to treat any child badly. Your life is worth more than that. Please never give up on yourself. Just because they did not know how to love. ( to say the very least). Not giving up on ones future, I know thats easier said than done. Believe me,I know. And yet i do not want you to give up on the future.

I wish parents had to get parenting licenses. Just like people cannot drive a car if they do not have a license. I wish there were parenting traps just like cops have speed traps. You all deserved and deserve better !!! Seriously.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you, Flowers, that was kind of you to say. :hug: Just because people have treated us badly, doesn't mean that we are bad people. I hope that everyone can find the happiness they deserve.
  8. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

sorry if this post triggered you. Guess it can't be helped. Experiences do have the potential to trigger anyone. But wow your parents sound worse than mine. At least when I was in the hospital, they came to visit me. I really feel sorry for you. I knew there were worse parents out there (and I don't mean to offend you by calling your parents worse than mine) but I still feel bad that yours probably are. I've all but given up on any real relationship between my parents and I. I hope you and your parents can make amends though<3
  9. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

I've tried help in real life. I really have. But it just doesn't work. It's not anyone else's fault. I'm just a firm believer that some people can't be helped. I'm one of them.
  10. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

thanks for that<3 and I agree. Having a child doesn't make one a parent. being a parent makes them a parent.
  11. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

LOl that's the whole thing though. I DO try and tlel them how I'm feeling. They don't care. My Dad takes my emotions as a joke and my Mom pretty much has the same mindset as my Dad. She feels I need to "suck it up" without really hearing me out. They don't listen to me at all. Trust me, If I told them how I feel like you said and they actually listened ot me, I wouldnt be on here, I wouldn't have made this post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.