My Pathetic Life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chrisg1973, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisg1973

chrisg1973 New Member

Tomorrow is my 36th birthday and I'll probably celebrate it alone. How pathetic is that?
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Happy Birthday chrisg. If you don't want to spend your birthday alone, then don't. Any particular reason why you would be alone this year?
  3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

You say "probably".. so that means there's a chance you won't. If you put in a little effort, I'm sure you can see someone =]
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that.If you don't go anywhere..come here..we will be around..I'll look for you in here and wish you a big happy birthday.I have spent several birthdays alone..sometimes my own choice.I have spent holidays alone..also my own choice...sometimes not.Sometimes just too depressed to imagine going to see others with their busy ,happier lives...and families.Hope you find someone to be with,if not..hope you do not hesitate to come to SF.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

happy birthday chrisg.

not being to sure of the circumstances, i would say , its kinda up to you whether or not you spend it alone ?
    quite frankly, ive spent many of them alone. if you have the way to get out and see ppl, do so.

hell, go to dinner or lunch. ive eatin alone many times. it doesnt mean that you cant have a good time.
    try changing the way you think for a minute and see what happens.

get out and make something of your birthday.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums. Happy birthday, why would you be spending it alone this year?
    I agree with Odie, he has some very good suggestions.. :hug:
  7. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Chrisg1973,

Happy birthday!

I hope you have a wonderful day. Just remember, this will be your day and you should be able to enjoy it with people. You certainly deserve that.

Maybe try going out to dinner and catching a movie or doing something which you enjoy. You'll probably find you'll end up talking to a great amount of good people.

Take care.

Kind regards,

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know the feeling.. I spent three birthdays alone on the phsyc ward.. Just sitting in my room because I have socialphobia..Being alone is your choice..If you want someone around then talk to your family..They might surprise you.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

happy birthday
  10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

happy birthday!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.