my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
So, I decided that's enough nonsense for one day. I get up, set Mike up with his favorite dry food, and head over to the bathroom.

In the living room, the phone starts playing, very loudly "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings. I have a good chuckle as I brush my teeth. Then, as I'm taking a crap, it starts playing "Insane in The Membrane"

I don't use my phone for music videos. WTF

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
So, I decided that's enough nonsense for one day. I get up, set Mike up with his favorite dry food, and head over to the bathroom.

In the living room, the phone starts playing, very loudly "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings. I have a good chuckle as I brush my teeth. Then, as I'm taking a crap, it starts playing "Insane in The Membrane"

I don't use my phone for music videos. WTF
Its trying to tell you something....oh wait, Miiike?

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
If it's doing that on it's own you should check your cybersecurity. Wifi and phones can get hacked and shit, I think, I'm not a doctor.
You're absolutely right, I've been aware of that for awhile and I'm always trying to remember to turn the wifi off before I go to sleep, or go out. The other day I was watching something on Youtube on the TV, and it was interrupted by a notification that 'Falel' (something like that) wanted to 'pair with this device'. Sometimes I can connect to my wifi from the bus stop all the way across the street from my building. *confused
Its trying to tell you something....oh wait, Miiike?
Mike the Cat! Not our friend Mike the Car Enthusiast:)
Mike was picking out videos for himself.
Hmm, I wouldn't have thought Dodge would be into that sort of music...Oh wait! You mean Dodge the Cat...I mean, oh crap. That's it I'm going to sleep!
(And I'm turning the wifi off, Mikes*nono)

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'd be inclined to up the security on your phone, what happened just seems so damn weird *confused Definitely have it scanned/checked out etc... you never know, your bank details could be in danger too of you use them online. Get on top of that :)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I'd be inclined to up the security on your phone, what happened just seems so damn weird *confused Definitely have it scanned/checked out etc... you never know, your bank details could be in danger too of you use them online. Get on top of that :)
Other weird things have happened, like waking it up and seeing a million windows opened, all having to do with 'Settings'. I reassure myself that's because I was butt pressing stuff while it was in my pocket, but why is it always in Settings? I just installed Avast and did a scan and it says it's ok.

If a hacker got into my bank account, he'd probably feel bad and make a deposit!

@Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ Now that I'm worried about a hacker on my phone, I'd be too embarrassed to make a Tangina call

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
What kind of phone do you have? Is it still receiving security updates? If you're using Android, install Kaspersky internet security and/or Malwarebytes and scan. It's possible (though unlikely) you have been hacked!

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
What kind of phone do you have? Is it still receiving security updates? If you're using Android, install Kaspersky internet security and/or Malwarebytes and scan. It's possible (though unlikely) you have been hacked!
It's an ancient Samsung Note 3. Now that you mention that, it's very unlikely to still be getting firmware updates at this point. I installed Avast a little while ago. I'll see how it goes. Antivirus on the phone tends to be a big pain in the butt. Constantly nagging with notifications. If it's annoying I'll try those other ones you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00