my plans are ruined, all because of a razor blade

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by blazalaza, Jun 9, 2010.

1. blazalaza

blazalaza Member

I realized today i cant join the army because im mentally unstable. i read this and just about offed myself. :

Per Medical Regulation AR 40-501 it states:
    Current mood disorders including, but not limited to, major depression (296.2–3), bipolar (296.4–7), affective psychoses (296.8–9), depressive not otherwise specified (311), are disqualifying.
    - History of mood disorders requiring outpatient care for longer than 6 months by a physician or other mental health professional (V65.40), or inpatient treatment in a hospital or residential facility is disqualifying.
    - History of symptoms consistent with a mood disorder of a repeated nature that impairs school, social, or work efficiency is disqualifying.
    History of suicidal behavior, including gesture(s) or attempt(s) (300.9), or history of self - mutilation, is disqualifying.

my whole life revolved around joining the army and workign my way up into the world and thats what i was going to do for college.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!?!?
    i have NO money for college, would very unlikey qualify for scholarships.
    my life is so pointless now. its ruined

I want to poor hot wax all over my legs and cover up all my scars with one big one that i can pass off as an accident.

2. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Don't do the wax. You will only feel worse afterwards. Honestly, army probably would have been rough anyway. Do you qualify for any financial aid? Maybe even a student loan. sucks to be in debt, but you can eventually pay it off.

3. blazalaza

blazalaza Member

well... i havent looked into that because ive wanted to join the army so bad.
    i feel like since i qualify for foodstamps and have to go to the foodbank and have no money like i would be able to qualify for financial aid.

:/

4. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

I would think you would be able to qualify for it more. Keep your head up. You will find a way. I am in a tight situation myself with no help from my family.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Go to plan B.

Apply to some public schools in your state (if you're in the States), including community colleges, where you're more likely to get more need-based financial aid and grants through them. I would not recommend getting any private loans.

How is your life pointless and ruined? You haven't even exhausted all the options still available to you yet.

6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Worse case you could try and join up and just not say anything.