my poor cat

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Arthur-Amelia, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur-Amelia

Arthur-Amelia Active Member

I feel like the biggest monster in the world. Not only did i kill my husband's potential child but now I'm going to be responsible for his cat's death too. I accidentally slammed his tail in the door and he needs stitches. He doesn't want me to take him to the vet cause he's old and is afraid he'll put him down cause its cheaper. But I'll pay anything to save this cat. I just dont want it to be all my fault. I dont want it to to get worse and infected. I'm so worthless. Its seriously better when i just stay in bed and dont try to do anything. I just want to die...
  2. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

A vet would never suggest putting an animal down because it's cheaper - if your cat can be saved they will save it. Please take it to the vet. It's very cruel to deny the cat the treatment and painkillers it needs. Dont let your cat's life end in suffering and neglect.

Edit: OK, I did come back to this message to edit it because I realise it sounds harsh. But I just can't do it. I'm such an animal lover and I can't stand knowing there is a cat suffering. So...I'm sorry if my words sound nasty. But please get the cat help. Leaving it in pain is cruel. Even if it does have to be put to sleep, at least it's suffering is over. Denying treatment is the worse thing to do.

Also, it's not your fault. It was an accident. I know someone who dropped their rabbit and it cracked it's head and had to have stitches in it's nose. Accidents are unfortunate but they happen - you just have to do what you can to make sure help is given.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Like Snarrylover said, that's not gonna happen. Besides that, it's your decision not the vet's. Accidents happen, but neglecting it's care is not an accident. Don't do the wrong thing, get the cat medical attention.
  4. Arthur-Amelia

Arthur-Amelia Active Member

I do want to go get the stitches. I would have gone immediately. The vet was still open. Its my husband who'd rather put him down and its his cat. Its all my fault. I might take work off Monday so i can take him in myself. My husband will find out when he sees the bank acct but i cant live with the guilt.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  5. Lifeisagift

Lifeisagift Well-Known Member

Wahoo, this is a sweet decision. You know it's not your fault, since you didn't want it to happen. But you're trying to fix that which is incredibly sweet from yourself.
    Anyway please don't feel guilty because of what happened.Hope the cat's gonna be ok. Do not hesitate to let us know about you and your visit to the vet.
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Tbh I don't see why the vet would put the cat down when it only needs stitches in its tail and possible an anti biotic and inflammatory shot. Accidents happen, take the poor cat to the vet and get him the medical attention he deserves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.