My problems are so minimal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fooror, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

The only problems I have at the moment are at work. I've messed some stuff up and will probably get in trouble for it.

But that's it. Nothing else; I haven't lost anybody, or been abused, or anything.

I'll get in some trouble, and after a while it will blow over. Worst case, I'll be fired.

I can't believe that I've found myself crying and have actually been contemplating killing myself over such issues? I don't understand why I am so messed up in the head that I would feel this way?

I just want the torment to end, my mind can't take it anymore. My head has been on fire for weeks, and I haven't had a minute of non-REM sleep for a month. I'm just so tired, I don't know what to do.

2. varek

varek Well-Known Member

I know how you feel.

Did you manage to speak to a doctor?

3. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Thanks

Seeing one at the weekend. I'm praying they'll give me some medication, though I don't hold out much hope of it helping as I've tried 5htp and St John's Wort, with the former only working for 48hrs, and the latter making me worse.

Still, I'm prepared to try as I can't deal with this by myself anymore. This forum helps too.

4. varek

varek Well-Known Member

I finally got up the courage to see a doctor on Monday, I told her I was depressed but I didn't mention I was suicidal but I wish I had. She prescribed me anti depressants and told me to come back in two weeks for therapy (the drugs take 2 weeks to kick in, supposedly).

May I ask where you're from?

5. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Your problems aren't minimal. In fact, it sounds like you have more than just work issues going on. Depression is never minimal. It eats us alive.

I hope the docs can help you and you can get some meds and some sleep.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Every problem, no matter how insignificant they may seem, affects us in different ways. Everyone has problems in their lives. What matters is how we choose to react to them.

7. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Indeed!

I was taking to my wife, and she was trying to tell me to 'snap out of it'. I tried to explain to her that I couldn't....but I am trying. I'm trying to change my thought processes.

I don't like being ruled by my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.