My 'profile'

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mightbehere, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

My life

I am Male
    24 years old
    havn't really had a proper relationship
    Suffer from extreme anxiety and depression and OCD
    have been suffering from all this since I was 16
    had bad health problems
    have an ok selection of friends
    have a few training qualifications but no job

what I want
    To 'be' happy again
    To stop this anxiety
    To find someone special
    to deal with this horrid OCD and my past
    To be in better health
    To get a decent job with some sort of future in it.

I don't know how to go about this though, and all my attempts to combat my mental problems always fail or they come back. I want to die because I can't go on any longer, but I don't want to die and it would upset my family and those that care about me, I just don't want to suffer anymore. I want my life to be ok again like it was. I used to be so happy and such.

What do people think of my life?
  2. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're a good decent person with some psychological problems that are holding you back from living the life you want. the good thing is, you know what the problems are. Now i guess you just need to find a way to fix it and get out of the rut. I don't know if you've ever taken any meds for your problems, but if not, it's worth a try.

Also, sometimes we look at what we had and wish we could go back to it. Like happiness in some memory. Holding on too hard to those things makes life that much more miserable. There's no way to ever go back to any past we ever felt was better than what we have now. I'm not saying you can never be happy again, i'm saying there will never be a time like there was before. things just change and sometimes it's really hard for some people to change with it, and I think that's how we get to this point. I think accepting that it will never be the same and then trying to just find joy in the present is a good thing. It will never be what it was, but it can be something new.
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Thanks I'm on meds as of today, it would be more helpful if more people commented and gave me an opinion.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I hope you will find someone special. I hope that you will forget your past, its not eas and overcome your health problems. It shouldn't be that hard to find a job if you have qualifications, put your resume online and keep trying until you get one. don't quit after a few rejections (same with finding someone special) as this happens to everyone.

for the anxiety, i'd say, put yourself in situations where you are going to be anxious. even try to speak in public in a meeting, your brain will finally get the message that anxiety won't kill you and that with practice, you will overcome it. this is pure psychology. you can't try and reason with your fear and hope it will leave(fear is smatter than you think), you have to act despite your fear. thats the only way to overcome fear my friend. practice = perfect.

I hope all goes well for you.
  5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I hope you can relate to some of the people here who have similar problems as you. You say you have some qualifications, but no job? If I were you I'd focus on that a bit, if you did manage to get a job then you'd maybe feel a lot better about yourself, and it would help you to get out more. Take care.