"My Rabbits Did Them"

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by imalone, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imalone

imalone Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I've only been clean for 2 days and I've already broken it. My parents haven't even noticed, it's amazing what fake smiles and wristbands can hide.

I'm going to see my friend tomorrow but I'm scared because I don't have any long-sleeves to hide my new scars. She recently saw my scars last week but I just told her my rabbits did them. (I doubt my rabbits would do that to me, they are like my only friends, the only ones I can talk to and not feel judged when I'm at my worst)

I used to self-harm (a few months ago), until one of my friends (not the friend im seeing tomorrow) found out and started checking my arms every morning. Then one day she stopped checking. I started to relapse and no-one has even noticed or cared or checked.

My arm is stinging and scarring badly so I don't know what to do. And I have PE on Monday, everyone will see them. I'm tempted to just let everyone see them, let them see what I do to myself, let them see what I deserve to have done.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you felt the need to SH. You do not deserve to do that to yourself though. Not at all!

Are you getting any help at all? Have you tried talking to the school counselor about it? Your doctor?
    It sounds to me you do want to stop, and from my experience it takes help to stop. Please allow yourself to get that help.

Also, when you feel the need or want to SH please try distracting yourself, there's long lists of things you can try. If you really can't hold on there's the rubber band and ice cube methods.
    Aether and imalone like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, you're certainly not alone in this, many people self harm for many reasons and while there is an adrenaline rush from it you can overcome doing this. Like @ThePhantomLady suggested use ice cubes and the rubber bands, also it would be nice if you had a ''safety box''. A box for when you are in a crisis maybe with pictures in it, distractions, things like that. I am sorry you felt the need to cut but remember this is not permanent you an and will overcome this! Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk :) *hugs*
    imalone likes this.
  4. imalone

Thankyou for replying. No, I'm not getting help at the moment. I find it hard to distract myself, I've tried the rubber band methods but it doesn't always work. Thank you for caring, it means everything
  5. imalone

Thank you for replying. I do get the rush and its hard to stop, i just want to keep going further. I think I could try the safety box idea, thank you so much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.