My Race For Life 2007

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by RainbowChaser, Jun 21, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Here is my medal:

[​IMG]

Yup, I did it, even if the place I did it was the worst one I could have choosen (some really bad memories there).

Anyway, the actual stuff that happened...

I got there about an hour early (like the people told me to) and started getting nervous. The crowd was huge even at that point, and that was the smallest of the three races held at that location.

Anyway, I was stood there on my own for about 45 minutes panicking and crying before I went and hid behind a massive Jeep-type car. Yes, I'm pathetic, but it got someone to come over and check on me, which I seriously needed at that point. I got dragged away from the crowds and ended up starting last because I was in that much of a state. Which didn't help because I hate people staring at me, and gues what the whole crowd seemed to be doing? Yeah, so that was clever of me :tongue:

At this point I must mention that having blisters before you start something like this is a very bad idea. Very bad. Because having a blister plaster rip off and make a blister burst at the start line isn't all that pleasant. Actually, it really hurts. Really :unsure:

Anyway, I somehow managed to end up not being last, even when two men came out of the bushes and scared the daylights out of me. Ladies-only event my backside. They should tell everyone who's not taking part to stay off the damn course :mad: I mean, what's the point in it being a women's only event when suddenly there's a guy in front of you practically staring at you?

So that's how I got my medal.

I think I want to do a Relay for Life at some point this year if possible. You're not actually allowed to do that on your own *hint hint*

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

:hug:

Congratulations! I am so proud of you, and you should be really proud of yourself for doing something that was so difficult for you. I'm very impressed!

3. emma-louise

emma-louise Guest

congratulations!

ill do it with you Sammie :p

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :hug:

I was just reading my sponsorship page, and saw this:

What was I thinking when I wrote that? :blink:

5. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

awww sammie, i knew you could do it :biggrin: :hug: i'm so proud of you!!! you have a very nice medal there, i'm jealous. CONGRATS SAMMIE!!!

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Congrats Sammieeeeeeeeeee!!!! :hug:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am proud of you sammie. Not only for having the courage to finish the race despite all the things working against you, but for having the courage to even start the race. Congratulations. :hug: :hug: :clap: :clap: