my really awful dreams

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by indigo_skye, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indigo_skye

indigo_skye Well-Known Member

at a resort like
    place
    after some
    kinda fire pit
    thingy
    *we all are head back
    to are rooms
    as we head back
    *we all get attacked
    by fire antz
    they can fly
    and they are on fire
    *we = the only person i recognize in my dreams is myself everyone else is a blurry shaped person with no clear features,

and i have a ****** color like dog that sheds and slobers nasty junk gets gigantic huge red glowy eyed monster that freaks me out and i wake right before it kills me

i have dreams were i get killed a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry to hear about the awfulness of your dreams indigo. One thing I've come to understand about awful dreams is that we can choose to look at them in a more positive way - the awfulness does not have to prevail and it may be asking to be taken as a prompt to find ways to turn it around. A dream that meant a lot to me I had as a child, about going in the cart to the guillotine as Marie Antoinette, about to lose my head etc..... it proved to have a message for me in it, that I've since found a way to re-interpret so it's a positive and not a negative. It means a change of mindset in order to see it, but anything awful we can still choose to disregard until such a time as we understand how it was trying to help - as weird as that may sound.....

3. indigo_skye

if you would please share with me how i might turn the fire ant that are on fire dream into something less awful. i honestly have never been able to take any of them and turn them into less scary less awful. if you would not mind maybe showing me how to be less afraid or less awful of that one or do anything with it i would be very grateful. i seem to have the ant, the dog, as nitely dreams for me.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

ok, I will have a go indigo - but this is only my suggestion/interpretation. One thing though, about not having been able to turn them into less scary/awful (and this might sound VERY weird to begin with) is that you haven't previously, with your conscious mind when thinking about them, given yourself permission to view them another way. They present as awful to your senses and so that is how it stays in your memory. Speak out loud to yourself, (so the "ear-gates" permit it through to the brain) that you give yourself permission to learn not to fear the dreams, and doing this will begin to weaken any 'power' they may have over you.

- the fact that you say you have nightly repetitions seems to me that there is a message in it for you. The archetype of the dog - and I know it sounds corny, but we're talking dream language here - I've heard it said by dream-analysts - has something to do with God - only in reverse. Dog is god backwards. God won't shed and slobber nasty stuff, because He is our healer - and this is a truth that will have the power to dispel the backwards version, over time, as you dwell on the positive angle.

Same with the fire ants ..... Fire can be used either constructively or destructively, and the ant is an archetype symbolising industry, organisation, business activity. What might be going on in your life right now that this might relate to, do you think?

5. indigo_skye

thanks for your help urprecious

6. indigo_skye

i had an awful dream where i ran away from some huge fancy party and just as i was about to kill myself i woke up.

7. indigo_skye

had an awful dream about being chased and not being able to get away. the person chasing me throwing me into a large body of water. i wake up right before i hit the water.

8. indigo_skye

in my dream i have dreamt of the day i drowned when i was 6. i have dreamt of other scary things too. feeling choked.

9. indigo_skye

i dreamt of the giant slobbery dog again. and i dreamt of my drowning dream again. i had the worst dream in awhile i dreamt of a giant cave with bright flashes of lights and colors.
    there was a gigantic storm outside and everyone had to run and hide in the cave from the storm. in the back of the cave were old cave drawings. which were neat to look at.
    but the scenery changed and got darker as i approached the cave drawings. something i'm not sure what started to come running after me. it looked kinda like a wolf but massively bigger.
    i kept running away. it opened its mouth and i woke up.

10. indigo_skye

woke up drenched in sweat from this dream. i was at some kinda medical teaching conference i think.
    anyway they were lots of different kinds of people there. we were encouraged to socialize with each other and help each other.
    i had a bracelet with a leash type thingy on it that went to someone i never saw. some of the people were nice but very scary to look at.
    i saw people that you could see their bones or other things. it was just creepy and scary.

11. indigo_skye

woke up drenched in sweat again. i was some kinda deep dark thing/area. there were was an odd kind of lighting there.there were these weird creatures that had odd shadows.
    they had sharp pointy teeth and or claws and spiney things. they made clickey growley snarly noises. it was horrible. they kept staring at me like they were waiting for me to do something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.