1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Reasons for contemplating "it" (May contain trigger words)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadhart, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

So this is my first post in going into my journey when it comes suicide. There are many reasons why I feel my life is not worth going on with and this is one of those reasons. It's hard to write this all out because it is still painful, but I will try to make sense and not sound bias.

starting in 2007 I transferred to a four year college and ended up liking this girl. We were never a couple...when we first met, she had a bf, but the next year they broke up, and I mustered up the courage to ask her if we could talk sometime.

Fast forward to the first months of 2009. even though i was nice to her and never tried to be forward or come on too strong, i got rejected in a demeaning and confusing way. It was demeaning because it sounded like I turned her off but the reasons were confusing. on one end I was awkward and i did "way too much" what i did was give her a simple card for the holidays, a christmas card that said happy holidays and a valentine card that said happy valentine's day. it wasn't a romantic card or anything, it was just a simple card with no hidden meaning. all i wanted to convey was that i was thinking of her and i hoped this would make her day somewhat nicer.

Not to take her words out of context but once she rejected me, at the same time i turned her off, i also wasn't man enough. Basically i felt like I was some socially awkward weirdo, but not so much where she had no problem saying i wasn't man enough if that makes sense. I listened to her talk about guys she dated that seemed like they treated her like a trophy. I'm in no way saying I would have better than them, but she accepted them for the supposed jerks they were...for being nice to her in her eyes I needed to "man the f@#k up"

The days leading to my attempted suicide were weird. I had been crying and hurting and turning to people that weren't really helpful and it was like a fuse had suddenly blown out in my brain and i felt nothing. it was a like a calm before a storm. i tried to look for other options besides suicide and i couldn't find any...those were the only times when i would cry. the other times, i just sat there feeling dead on the inside.

I wrote two notes and one of them was to her. i wanted to be angry at her, to hate her, but i couldn't. i wrote the note the way i felt--with sadness and hopelessness. i told her I wasn't blaming her or anyone for my choice to kill myself but that i was tired of hurting. i know that she later responded to that email, but I never read it because her previous emails were cold and insensitive.

I thought i had gotten over the pain of it all, but i haven't. i mean i have been rejected many times, but this one was different and i don't know why. I didn't go into full detail because I find it hard to explain everything at once; there have been times when i have done so and felt stupid for opening up. And I don't mean to villify her either; I just felt hurt by her words and actions. Sorry if what i wrote didn't make sense.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I am sorry she hurt you and made you feel like a socially awkward weirdo. She does not seem like much of a catch to make you feel so bad and send you cold emails.

3. allison

allison Well-Known Member

I know how painful it can be when we really really like someone (so much it feels like love already) and then they don't feel the same way. But I guess the important thing to remember is we should never ever kill ourselves over someone, or a number of someones. No matter how badly they treat us, as long as we remember we're good people life becomes worth living.

4. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

You're right but it wasn't just over her...things were just bad during that time and it was becoming very overwhelming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.