My recent dreams

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by AppleGRD, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppleGRD

AppleGRD New Member

Over the last year or so I have been depressed, as I guess most people here are.

Had one disturbing dream about overdosing a a huge number of probably paracetamol. Dream was scary, but what was interesting was the the pills were larger than usual and I remember telling myself I didn't want to take them so I took them and gave the to a bemused neighbour for safekeeping. You should have seen the look on my neighbors face, they don't know me and here I am handing over pills in my dreams.

From this I can deduce that this is like a warning sign, but showing that I didn't want the pills etc.

Again had another dream a few weeks later, not sure exactly what it was, but woke up early and was worried about what would happen if I went back to sleep again. I promised myself to get through the day and not to sleep. Sounds confusing huh?

So any ideas as to whats happening?

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I don't have anyone at all to discuss any of this with.

Thanks and take care

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Welcome.

I hope that you find this a good place to discuss your unresolved issues, and find whatever sort of help you can. I'm not expert in dream analysis, but I believe that we can sometimes work through or work out our fears in them, subconsciously. So, if it sounds as though this overdose episode has been on your mind, perhaps that is why it was present in your dreams, I don't know. In any case, it's clearly been weighing on you, and so I think that it is a very good thing for you to talk to somebody--anybody--about it. Hopefully, you gain some insightful comments here. Secondarily though, and I know that this is not fixing the root of the problem, but if it's Tylenol you're talking about taking, that is one of the worst ideas out there, because you can destroy your liver. Again, I know what truly needs addressing is the things that are really bothering you, and not the method, for an alternative one can always be found with relative ease. If however, we can begin to find ways to attack the issue, and make you feel better, then we have begun the process of getting on the path to success of your recovery. Have you thought about medical help, in the form of psychology and/or psychiatry?

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I regularly have dreams about the things on my mind that I don't/won't/can't think about "consciously." So I have lots of anxiety/stress dreams that reflect the issues and level of stress I'm fighting off. For me, I think it's that my feelings/thoughts need to come out somewhere, and I try to block them during the day, so sleep is where they leak out.

Working things out or dealing with suppressed feelings in dreams is fairly common according to my doctor. If your dreams are of concern to you, perhaps discuss them with a therapist/your doctor to get help figuring out why they worry you. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.