My relationship is making me feel so depressed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by John Smith, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Smith

John Smith Member

My so has ptsd, anxiety, dislexia and depression and pregnant now so she can't take any medicine.

Since she stopped getting her treatment, everyday is another day for arguments, fights and frustration.

It is affecting my career now.

I feel so depressed I lost my appetite and passion for my career.

I'm taking medicine and seeing a doctor just to put up with her.

What has my life become...?
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello, John Smith. I'm really sorry to hear that things have become so tense right now. Your life has changed significantly - you have become a family unit of you, your SO, and the growing baby that belongs to both of you.

I can appreciate that you're worried and feeling at wits' end. Although I've never been pregnant myself, I've heard that it can make a woman very tired, very sick sometimes, and VERY emotional. Those might be things you and your SO could discuss with the doctor if you go together. It could be that the doctor doesn't know how much stopping all meds is affecting your SO. Perhaps she or he can suggest other things your SO could do to help her mood.

Thinking of you, and hoping you find a way through this. *hug*
    WildCherry likes this.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I agree with Acy. I think it's important for both of you to talk with her doctor, let the doctor know what's happening and find out if there's anything that can be done to help you both.
  4. John Smith

John Smith Member

Thank you both.

I will think seriously about your suggestion.

The doctor was very cautious about this topic, saying that a person with a traumatic childhood needs someone who has a lot of energy to take care of him/her but in my case neither of us is full of energy but rather in need of support.

We already have a boy and it was only after the first one was born when she started to show those symptoms.

They(ptsd, anxiety and depression) all came back right after the birth.

That's 8 months ago and I had been sucking it up all along and I'm now exhausted.
  5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I think there's some good advice here, talk to your doctor about this. It is hard work caring for someone who is having these issues, it can be a massive stress factor.

I have not been pregnant either, but as far as I know pregnancy does things to all women, the hormones can make any couple have arguments... and if shes got those issues without being able to take meds for them, I can imagine the strain. But don't give up!
    Is she getting therapy now for her issues? If she can't have her meds, at least she can have that; I think that would help both of you. What about couples therapy as well?

Don't give up. After the pregnancy she can get back on her meds, right?

Best of luck to all of you *Hugs*
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have been pregnant (sadly miscarried) but it is such a wonderful feeling to have a baby growing inside you. I didn't get far in my pregnancy so I cannot tell you mood wise what I was like but I know that hormones can kick in and make every aspect of your life traumatic. Is she seeing a doctor too? The constant arguing cannot be good for he baby. You need to find a middle ground and set boundaries, if you get pissed off just take a walk, don't argue and I hope and pray this all goes well for you, keep seeing the doctor :)
  7. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

I'd loved to say *****s ain't **** but hoes and tricks, but i dont know enough about your situation
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.