My Sean...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by lightbeam, Jun 11, 2012.

1. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I wish I knew what to say, my mister. You and your brother, and your half brother are all I had left. And now you are gone. Only two of you left. Only one to carry on the family name. I ache... I wish I could have told you that I loved you, but it was too late. Did you want me to be there when you were there dying? I guess we will never know.

I miss you.

RIP my son.

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I am very sorry. There are no words that are suitable. We all can just hope that they are looking upon us and walking with us.

:hug:

3. lightbeam

He was only 5... and I'll never be able to say goodbye.

4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you lost your son... And he was so young. Your other two boys need all the affection they can get now. Wishing you all the best in this difficult time.

5. lightbeam

The sad thing is I can't see any of my son's because of protective orders. So I cannot offer them my support.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Write down how you are feeling hun put into words your pain and one day when your sons are old enough the will come and find you and you can share your words with them and let them know that you cared about them but were not able to be in their lives Hugs

7. lightbeam

My kids are all destined to die young possibly. CJ has cerebral palsy because he was born 3 1/2 months early, and also has a clotting disorder. His blood clots too fast.

Jerec has neutropenia - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutropenia so he gets a really low white blood cell count when he gets sick.

Sean ended up getting acute leukemia.

A cousin of mine has hemophilia...

This just tells me that I am fundamentally flawed somehow.

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about popping into your nearest church and lighting a candle for Sean ?
    I have always found it a comfort and a private goodbye.

9. lightbeam

I don't know where to go because all I am is surrounded by mormon churches... Hardly any catholic parishes around. I am a catholic... but I've never been to mass, or anything.

10. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

The priest won't give a rats arse whether you attend or not, google a church and just go in.
    There's a box for a donation for the candle if you want to put anything in and you just go to the pricket stand (the stand for votive candles) and place yours on it.

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry lightbeam..
    losing a child is the absolute worst thing to happen to a parent..

I don't know if we can ever say 'goodbye' to them...
    we hold them in our hearts forever.
    I've lost my son too :console:

12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

:sad::console:

13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

14. lightbeam

Funeral is today. I won't be going because I don't want to be arrested. I am hanging in there.

15. Brynden

Brynden Well-Known Member

I wish wish I could be there to give you a big hug Lightbeam. I know to lose a little one like that must be really hard. Sometimes words are not enough to express the sympathy and empathy that most of us feel for you.