My secret

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Atheist Demon, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

I think that i might be bi-sexual. I love girls ALOT, but there are some dudes I am attractive to. This might sound weird but I like this boy, who is gay and he looks so handsome. And sometimes I think about him. But of course, living in fire and brimstone conservative Oklahoma, ppl who are LGBT are hated, and I keep my bi-sexuality secret from everyone except my mom. My mom hates gays and is a strict-christian. I can't even tell her that I no longer believe in god. But I told her that I am bisexual and at first she was upset, but not much now. But she makes alot of bi jokes and it hurts me. Damn I wish I was just full blown straight. :sad:

2. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Don't feel guilty :(

Your sexuality isn't going to hurt anyone, shouldn't at least. If she persists with the jokes, then maybe you could just ask her to stop. She may not know that it hurts you, and its just a way for her to cope with the situation.

I can never understand why people have to make such a big deal with sexual orientation. There's plenty of others lying, cheating, stealing, abusing, actually hurting others. Whether you like boys, girls, or both,that doesnt hurt anyone unless they choose to let it hurt them. :dry:

well, hope things work out ^^

3. Atheist Demon

thx, I am still planning to marry a girl. But I guess it is just some angst or something.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're going through all that. There's nothing wrong with thinking about that guy you are attracted to, or being bisexual. It is saddening though, that you feel like you 'have' to marry a girl?

As for your mother perhaps you can just say "I don't want to hear it" everytime she makes a damaging 'joke' about your sexual orientation. I can imagine that hurts a lot. Maybe the more you do this, the less damaging remarks she'd make and the more sure and confident you'll feel in yourself.

Do you think you have a chance with that boy you talk about?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  5. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

While I had a better time with my parents regarding my sexuality (I'm Bi as well), the only other people I've told is my girlfriend. I've had a longer time to come to terms with it, since I've known for nearly 5 years. I actually fell head over heels in love with a friend of mine which was probably the worst time of my life, since the guy was a complete homophobe and I knew nothing could ever come of it.

Speaking from experience, it gets better as time goes on. It just becomes a part of who you are and eventually you accept it.

6. Atheist Demon

@ggg: I want to marry a girl cause girls are sexier and that is the only way to have kids. But it's ok, there are a few girls I like.
    As far as will I ever talk to him again, I doubt it :'( cause he moved to Essex, England. And I don't have anyway to contact him.

@gaia: thx for understanding and I like your Mark avatar, he is my favorite Blink member. (As well as Travis, that is why I listen to +44 and don't listen to AVA cause I really don't like Tom.)