my shrink lost control with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollo

Aren't psychiatrist there to help us? Well, today I told my doctor that I felt she was not understanding how bad I felt and that she was not taking seriously my suicidal thoughts and she shouted to me!! she asked me who I was to believe that! that she knew and that I should not count with her for negative things but to fight but Oh Gosh she made me feel like crap, I feel so angry and frustrated! she is supposed to help me not to make me feel worse! I really want to cry

Oh Pollo that's awful! Well done you for being honest about how you felt - it's the doc's job to take that on board and convince you otherwise. You are not in the wrong here, please stay here and talk to us.

doityourself

Pollo, sounds like its time for a new doc. You should feel comfortable to say and think whatever you want, isnt that what they are for?

Sorry she was like that towards you. Makes me so mad, so :censored:........

Dont let her ruin it for you, try someone else.

Confusticated

Pollo, sounds like its time for a new doc. You should feel comfortable to say and think whatever you want, isnt that what they are for?

Sorry she was like that towards you. Makes me so mad, so :censored:........

Dont let her ruin it for you, try someone else.
Exactly that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dude111

Perhaps she was having a bad day and didnt intend to go off on you....

Still you might want to look for someone else :)

Good luck!

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
There are clinical boundaries...yes, therapists are ppl but they should also know where those boundaries are especially when someone says s/he is suicidal...Pollo, I PM'd you about this and let me know what you decide...J

Last edited by a moderator:

Domo

While she might not have 'intended' to go off on you, if she can't control herself then she shouldn't be practicing.

Time for a new doc and make sure you let her know that it was due to her innapropriate behaviour.

I'm sorry you've had this happen to you in any event. I know what it's like for a person in that kind of position to walk all over you and the damage it can cause.

There are good therapists out there though, so please don't give up. I now have the most amazing therapist, and i view it like, had i not left this last person, i would have missed the opportunity to see my new one who has turned my life around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00