Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

My sister threatened to kill herself. IDK why, she was mad & threatened to kill herself. Depression, as Bipolar runs in my family.... so should I take her seriously? If so, what should I do?

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

If she was just mad, the odds "could" be that it was not something she would carry out. HOWEVER, I used the word "could" on purpose. NEVER dismiss a suicidal threat. Always treat it as serious. Even if you are in a "crying wolf" situation, never let the guard down and always error on the side of caution. Depending on her age, if I were you I would discuss this with your parents. Perhaps they can then discuss with her in more detail, or they can suggest having her talk to a professional. In a worst case situation where you are on the spot and someone is threatening that, never hesitate to call on the police. If there person in question ends up hating you for it, then so be it. I'd rather have a loved one hate me vs. knowing I could have done something and I didn't. Step one for you should be going to your parents about this.

3. The Depressed Puppy

She is 11, & turning 12 this aug.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

AS said then hun you need to talk to your parents and let them know what your sister has said so they can get her help

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

At 11, I would not even hesitate. Talk to your parents IMMEDIATELY. Don't worry if she gets mad at you... at her age, she'll get over being mad soon enough. Don't take any chances.

6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hope your sister will be okay

let us know..

7. The Depressed Puppy

Hey guys,
    Just gathering everything to tell my parents. I have also noticed she draws/paints a lot of people crying(or people being sad). She is very sensitive, if my dad raise his voice at her... she starts crying.

I don't really know how to tell them about my sister...any tips?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.