My situation.... Advice?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZGMFX10AFreedom, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ZGMFX10AFreedom

ZGMFX10AFreedom New Member

Hey everyone, I have a slight problem that I need some advice on. I've been out of school for a couple months now. I'm jobless as of the moment except when someone is in need of computer repair. (I'm a wiz with computers) I am staying with my parents right now rent free but I'm starting to feel guilty that I'm just using my parents so I'm looking harder for a job where I can get a decent living and be able to move out. But I have a slight problem.... I just turned 20 and I don't have my license or a car just yet. I have my temps and I've been practicing like no tomorrow but I have to wait 2 months just to get my license. *sighs* I've applied everywhere here in my home town and no one will hire me..... I have a boyfriend and I've recently have just told my mother about him and she's being supportive about it but I have yet to meet him personally because of our long distance. (It is an internet relationship). I love him to death and well we were going to meet up but there is something that always gets in the way. *sulks down to the floor*... Any advice on how to get back my sanity?
  2. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Well, first off, I'm 21 going on 22 and living at home, nothing wrong with finishing school and then getting on your feet in my eyes... A lot of my friends are the same too... not sure why you feel guilty.

I would actually recommend you stay with your parents until your on your feet (finished school or close to, and have a stable job).

A lot of your problems are just temporary, so just know there is hope and you gotta stay postive. Jobs will come, and you will eventually get your licence. Just keep applying and eventually you will get hired, if you are having trouble, try and see if there are things you can do to make your resume look better (heck most people lie on their resume), and learn some tips online if you havn't already (ask for the hiring manager when you apply/give your resume etc...)

The fact you moved out already, shows you are a mature person and not afraid to go out on your own, but obviously there is a financial aspect that you just need to figure out, and with time and dedication you will get there.
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Get rid of trying to catch the beau, temporarily, until you can catch up with yourself. Your life is in shambles. You have no sustainance of your own, you have no independence, no freedom, no pride, no confidence, and you're feeling low on life and desperate. Do you really want to enter the rollercoaster of an emotional attachment/relationship into the equation?

Be patient with getting the license, it's not so far away.

You may have to accept the misery of working small jobs you're overqualified for until something better comes to pass, however long that may be. It probably won't pay you enough to live on your own like you want, but you'll be able to help out around the house financially by contributing on bills and groceries so that you won't feel as guilty as you feel bringing in nothing.

It probably won't make you "sane," but it could help to improve how you feel now and give you a little boost of motivation, even if just a little.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

HI KYLE :hiya:
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello, there is nothing wrong with allowing mom, and dad to help you financially. Just keep positive, and continue to look for a job. I would work on one goal at a time if I were you. Liscence first then car. I am sorry to here about your boyfriend situation, but I know when the time is right you will meet. I pray you know this guy really well, there are real dangers with internet dating. Blessings..
  6. loser

loser Well-Known Member

There is quite a lot hopeful and positive in your situation.
    Getting a job can be difficult.
    You doing your best.
    You seem to have interests, keep learning.
    Your internet friend is not really much of a problem situation.
    I expect your parents like having you around.
    You sound a nice person to have around.
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with loser...
    hey I think you're doing all the right things....
    being a parent myself I would tell you don't feel guilty......
    they let you stay there so they must be ok with it or they wouldn't have offered....
    I see nothing wrong with you staying there till you get on your feet....
    You are trying hard so it will happen....2 months isn't so far away so keep up the driving practice and things will hopefully fall into place....
    re the BF.....if he cares about you he will wait....:hugtackles: