• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

My situation...

So here's my life now...3 months ago I had a Brain bleed which has really affected my sight and given me terrible headaches and discomfort every day..my life went from being active to not being able to do much...not even watching tv...I have a strict diet now, I'm in pain all the time
, so what should keep me here ! Every day is pain and distress that's never going to go away..I am 64 and don't really want to see 65 as my life is nothing now except living with a chronic health problem..I envy you people who have no physical pain but still want out....
Please tell me why I should stay here ?

Lane

SF Supporter
So here's my life now...3 months ago I had a Brain bleed which has really affected my sight and given me terrible headaches and discomfort every day..my life went from being active to not being able to do much...not even watching tv...I have a strict diet now, I'm in pain all the time
, so what should keep me here ! Every day is pain and distress that's never going to go away..I am 64 and don't really want to see 65 as my life is nothing now except living with a chronic health problem..I envy you people who have no physical pain but still want out....
Hi @Nolunny. Thanks for sharing your story. I dont want out at the moment but was close a bunch of times. There are others here with chronic pain. The doctors cant give you something for the pain?

I am glad that you found this forum though.

Lane

SF Supporter
Only pain killers but it does not help my declining visio...
That sucks. I had another friend on here, a paraplegic. Sorry for what you're dealing with. It's not fair. You asked why you should stay? I dont really feel it's my place to say, but your brain seems to be functioning well. Gosh, that can be a curse I know, ha. Do you have family/friends support?

Legate Lanius

Only you can find the answer to why you'd stay here. A large change such as yours might take longer than 3 months to adapt to; we adapt to most circumstances as a general rule. Chronic pain might be one of those things that you never get used to, but the lower activity levels is something you can definitely get habituated to eventually.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you are suffering so much right now. i am 63 with major health and pain issues. sometimes i wonder why i bother. but i find some things to be passionate about like SF and my 64 dodge and that helps me get through everything. if you could find something that you can still do that you could be passionate about it would help you get through the hard times. i hope you start feeling a little better soon.

mike...*hug*console*shake

iloverachel

I am so sorry to hear I hope you get better

Waves

Geeze that is heartbreaking. Do you have children? A spouse? Grandchildren? They are the reason you fight. To be there for them. Your pain? Oooooh that robs you of living. See if can get referral to pain management clinic and painkillers

Hi @Nolunny, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment. We have many members here who have chronic illness and pain. The best way to try and fight through the pain is to try and find things to live for. Things that you can hold onto. As @Waves says, many people try and stay for there family. As I said we have others here who suffer chronically, so maybe they can give some advice.

I think you also need to remember to take care of your mental health as well as your physical health as best you can. You could be going through a spot of depression. It might be worth asking your doctor about this.

You can feel better. Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00