my situation

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I don't have friends. I am not close with anyone in my family. I failed out of college after one year. I am at community college and not happy with where I am. I want to go to an Ivy League school, and there's no chance of that ever happening. I should be a junior, not a transfer freshman. I am giving myself until the end of the summer to make a life for myself. If things don't get better by then, I will end my life.
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I hope youll succeed untill the end of the summer.
  3. LonelyKid

LonelyKid Well-Known Member

Why aren't you happy where you are?
    If you think you should be better than you currently are and aren't that kind of thinking won't help you make things better. Give yourself more time, I suppose life doesn't happen in an instant or even years. All you can do is work hard to be where you want to be. If it feels to harsh maybe what you're working for isn't really what you want?

Just some advice based on what you said not considering you didn't give much information, if I said anything wrong or offensive please ignore it.
  4. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

aww sweetie,things will get better.
    i know they will :]
    andd dont take your life if your path gets a bit altered,thats not the answer :(
    i really hope things work out for youu<33
  5. mortdesinos

Thank you for your responses. I understand what you're telling me.. that it takes time and patience to get to where I want to be. But the biggest problem is my problem with myself, and I don't see how I can overcome that. I am not talented.. ever since I was a kid I didn't have interests, with the exception of basketball, which I am horrible at. Therefore, I don't have anything to fall back on.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You need to stop thinking of what should be. Don't set yourself up by standards of other people. There are those that are still in school in their 40's and 50's. Technichally they "should " be done a long time ago. Do what you can at the pace you can. So, you can't get into an Ivy league school. That does not mean you can't succeed. Plenty of Ivy leaguers are uncuccessful just as those who atteneded community colleges are successful. Perception is a problem fir you I believe. Yes, you should set your goals high, but you have to remember that you still need to set them at a level for which you can attain them. Acheiving beyond what you have set your goals at is much beter than setting them to a place you are only going to be met with failure.
  7. mortdesinos

Maybe setting simple goals works for you, but I will not settle for that. I am supposed to be the best I can be. You can choose to live however you want, but don't try to influx your mindset into my life.
  8. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I think I know how you feel. I really want to do well in life too. I don't know how to make things better for myself either, but I think you should consider this; dying is easy and can be done at any time. If you make plans and deadlines, you're just closing options, and I think the way to happiness is by keeping your options open. If things don't get better by the end of the summer, that's the time to make a decision, not now before you know what happens. Also, you should remember it's not your fault if things don't come out right. Maybe you prefer to keep things simple and controlled, to know what happens no matter what - I understand that as well, but nobody can control life. I just hope you find what you're looking for.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.